3 hours ago, wassil85 said:

the Pistons new court design

It's a nice upgrade from the previous court, especially the removal of the navy drop shadow on the baseline lettering. However, the "old" logo just looks so out of place now. I have to assume the rest of the identity update will come next year with the team's move downtown, the apparel switch-over to Nike, and the team's 60th anniversary season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been extremely hard on Adidas the past few years, and it was justified. BUT, they are leaving us with a gem. Specifically my team, the NETS. We looked amazing in our new black(ish) Nets jersey in our WIN over the Pacers. Simply beautiful. These need to become our primary aways ASAP. Far and away our best jersey.

20161028-08.jpg?itok=IVMLXcwo

GO NETS.

4 hours ago, joshey said:

I've been extremely hard on Adidas the past few years, and it was justified. BUT, they are leaving us with a gem. Specifically my team, the NETS. We looked amazing in our new black(ish) Nets jersey in our WIN over the Pacers. Simply beautiful. These need to become our primary aways ASAP. Far and away our best jersey.

These Are A Top 5-10 Uniform

shado_logo.gif

8 hours ago, joshey said:

Agreed. LOVE these. They look great on TV too.

4 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I thought the Cavs were getting new courts?

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 11.50.29 AM.png

This was from last night's game.

Hmm.  Maybe the new court will actually be an alternate court, and that's why we haven't seen it yet?  Just a guess.  I mean, they've had a while to "tweak" the new court by now.

36 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

Hmm.  Maybe the new court will actually be an alternate court, and that's why we haven't seen it yet?  Just a guess.  I mean, they've had a while to "tweak" the new court by now.

If you go back a couple pages you'll see that they're using the old court while some changes are made on the new one.

19 hours ago, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

I don't know, I really didn't mind them last night. The new court is awesome for sure tho.

The new court is definitely great. The ball at the center brings back a lot of Stockton-to-Malone nostalgia, which I absolutely love. And frankly, the rest of the uniforms aren't as bad as I thought they'd be in action. But this alternate is way too much. Looks great as a warmup, but that's the point; that particular design was only ever meant to be a warmup design, not a uniform. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I love their court design and I like their uniforms as well as their color scheme it seems people wish for them to wear purple instead of navy but I think navy kind of helps the overall design of the unis

On 10/28/2016 at 7:41 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

The new Jazz sleeved bicyclist top needs to be obliterated in a red-hot dumpster fire. 

Sleeves aside, I actually don't mind the top, but combined with those shorts?  Yuck!

11 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The new court is definitely great. The ball at the center brings back a lot of Stockton-to-Malone nostalgia, which I absolutely love. And frankly, the rest of the uniforms aren't as bad as I thought they'd be in action. But this alternate is way too much. Looks great as a warmup, but that's the point; that particular design was only ever meant to be a warmup design, not a uniform. 

I agree, after seeing Utah's sleeved uniforms in action (in person!), that they would make far better warmups than jerseys, but here's a thought I keep coming back to: Maybe these end up being a one-year deal, with the switch to Nike coming. If Nike is indeed successful in banishing sleeved NBA uniforms full-stop next year, then perhaps these (1) morph into new warmups (here's to hoping that Nike brings team-specific templates back), (2) "fan jersey shirts," basically these but in the current sleeved uniform style made exclusively for fans* (which IMO they look best on) that would either be personalized or have an existing player's name and number, or (3) the sleeves are lopped off but the uniform remains otherwise unchanged. The shorts would better if they were symmetrical (like the warmups that inspired them), and if said shorts stripe made a complete loop (There are replica shorts that do just fine. Seriously, how hard is it to complete the loop, Adidas?!)

Yes, that's a lot to ask for, given the totem pole of design regarding the NFL, its teams, and Nike (the teams and league decide on designs, Nike only presents and/or executes them) and the incessant "need" for templating (I don't see it being as rampant with Nike as it is with Adidas, but it's there), but I have a (small) gut feeling that maybe, just maybe, this may be the case. I won't hold my breath, though.

A couple more thoughts on the sleeved jersey design: I think it would be a cool idea to have a special, personalized (i.e., name and number) fan shirt that has its own design, as if to say, "Not only do our players wear uniforms; our fans do too!" (You know, given the price of the average jersey, which is probably the reason it won't happen.) These could be used for "special" games like the home opener "Blue Out" I went to the other night or for home playoff games (should the Jazz find their way back into the postseason). Also, despite what I've just said, I do like the retro-inspired striped design of the sleeved jersey (on a fan more than anything) and may consider getting a personalized one, and if possible, get a crazy number (i.e., 3-digited with a 1 somewhere, like 111...there's a story behind that number) on it.

As for the rest of the Jazz's set, they also look better in action, but my point concerning the slashed stripes on the sides and the front of the home and away uniforms having "JAZZ" sans Utah (because apparently there's a need for a "UTAH" tramp stamp) remains. The greens look good too, and though I like it, I'm not entirely sold on the "UTAH" script on the front (and "JAZZ" tramp stamp on the rear). There's a lot of good in the design (font, emphasis on stripes, the logo, even partial, of course), but I may consider (if I have the time) to carry a concept to its conclusion...closing the gaps on the side stripes (partially or completely) and extending the stripe pattern up to the shoulders and back down again, like the University of Oklahoma during the Blake and Taylor Griffin era:

r960-1ebd03468d32984fa712871163edc18e.jp

Of course, there may be tweaks when Nike takes over as well. Does anyone have any (new) word on that (or the fate of sleeved jerseys, for that matter)?

And finally, though I wished there was more green someway, somehow, the court is top-notch and easily the best part of this Utah Jazz rebrand. 

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

A number of teams are rebranding next season,one of them is going to be a... shock,and one of them could be a gift from the heavens. Can't say much more for now.

Just give us the first letter in the name of the team :blush:

The question is if he's talking about real rebrands, because I totally expect the Lakers to get new uniforms next season. And the gift from the heavens thing sounds like Thunder or Clippers.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived