• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

So what is the policy on NBA re-brands?  Obviously it is not a 5 year rule like the NFL.  If the names on the list are accurate, I guess it means the Clippers and Suns realized they both screwed up their very recent re-brands.  Clippers need a complete do over and the Suns could make their current set a lot better with just a few tweaks.

Re-brand rules probably go out the window when there's a manufacturer change.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

That franchise has an identity crisis, and they just don't know it.

As further evidence of this, they're wearing their navy alts tonight in their first regular season game with the black trimmed court.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, bushy said:

Is the championship logos necessary on the court? :lol:

This is tacky if they use the championship logos... especially with TWO of them on the court. They only have one championship so far. I feel like this would be warranted if they won it back-to-back. (Hopefully they won't... <_<)

8 hours ago, peterjames_6 said:

Beautiful, but why did they not keep the wordmark tilted like on the originals? Smh adidas...

11-3-2016 11-27-01 AM.png

There are tilted originals and un-tilted originals.  They went with the latter ones. (Both links below link to un-tilted unis, even though the mid-80s ones still look a bit tilted, they eventually became horizontal, I believe.)
http://projects.latimes.com/lakers/season/1986-1987/
http://projects.latimes.com/lakers/season/1998-1999/

On 11/1/2016 at 9:24 PM, WSU151 said:

Nike never had a deal with the "Bullets", per se.  Bullets were a Champion team until the change to Wizards...so if anything, Nike took over their apparel when they were wearing the slate and copper.

You know what I meant: EVERY team was a Champion team up until after the 1996-97 (the 50th Anniversary with the gold Jerry West Logoman on the jerseys), and beginning with the 1997-98 season (and until the Reebok deal), Nike outfitted "the Bulls, Celtics, Heat, Lakers, Mavs, Pistons, Raptors, Spurs, Blazers and Wizards."  The good teams; the only team out of that group that hasn't won before or since would be the Raptors (since the Wizards won as the Bullets previously; same reason why the Sacramento Kings wear the gold tab on the back of the jersey).  All I'm saying is that Nike could rebrand the Wizards, though it's unlikely even after Abe Pollin's passing.

Source: http://www.deadstockcoffee.com/blog/2015/6/13/the-swingman-jersey-is-about-to-get-a-lot-doper

6 hours ago, sayahh said:

There are tilted originals and un-tilted originals.  They went with the latter ones. (Both links below link to un-tilted unis, even though the mid-80s ones still look a bit tilted, they eventually became horizontal, I believe.)
http://projects.latimes.com/lakers/season/1986-1987/
http://projects.latimes.com/lakers/season/1998-1999/

Indeed that logo eventually leveled out before the move to Staples.  Looking forward to seeing this jersey in action again.

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

54 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Man I love seeing these Lakers uniforms in action again would love to see them as primary again if not a combination of these and the current primaries.  

They look really nice and the Lakers are up by 15 early in the 3rd quarter.  The name and number on the back are too far down, though.  Other than that, it's awesome to see these in action again!

1 hour ago, masterchaoss said:

Man I love seeing these Lakers uniforms in action again would love to see them as primary again if not a combination of these and the current primaries.  

They look great, but I think the NBA has a rule where a team can't fully go back to a throwback jersey. The reasoning is because it would cannibalize the market. You'd have one less jersey to sell. (I hope that the Pistons will one day be a part of the Hardwood Classics program again - I was too young to purchase my own jersey when they had them in 04-05 and 07-08).

8 hours ago, gopistons899004 said:

They look great, but I think the NBA has a rule where a team can't fully go back to a throwback jersey. The reasoning is because it would cannibalize the market. You'd have one less jersey to sell. (I hope that the Pistons will one day be a part of the Hardwood Classics program again - I was too young to purchase my own jersey when they had them in 04-05 and 07-08).

I'm sure they can tweak them a bit.  Maybe someone can mock up a version like the 1972s, complete with the same striping and with the Lakers wordmark in white as well...or would that look bad on a gold jersey?

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

These are overall pretty good. The Wolves jersey looks cool (not sure if it's same as last year's).

Kinda curious as to why they're marketing a Tim Duncan jersey for the Spurs.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

These are overall pretty good. The Wolves jersey looks cool (not sure if it's same as last year's).

Kinda curious as to why they're marketing a Tim Duncan jersey for the Spurs.

Its interesting to me that the Wolves are the only team with visible sides. They look good overall and it's a + that none have sleeves. 

GO NETS.

Archived