• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2016 at 2:29 PM, peterjames_6 said:

Beautiful, but why did they not keep the wordmark tilted like on the originals? Smh adidas...

11-3-2016 11-27-01 AM.png

These looked good last night.  Should wear them more than 3 times.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know if this is their regular-season debut of them, but the Magic are wearing their black "wordmark-less" alternate jerseys tonight.  I actually think they look pretty nice.  Somehow they made it work.  I think it's because the logo isn't obnoxiously huge, and somehow the horizontal stripes seem to fit.  I think this jersey works because everything was done kind of "moderately" so they don't seem very garish and actually appear quite classy.  And of course it helps that they don't have sleeves - if they did, that would make it a bad jersey.

Nikola Vucevic is wearing black sleeves with the new "Stars" uniform tonight. Does not look good. Sorry for the horrible image quality, but you can see how the sleeves make the uniform even worse than they normally are (Vucevic is just above the Magic logo)

IMG_0745.JPG

ExJworW.png

4 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

I don't know if this is their regular-season debut of them, but the Magic are wearing their black "wordmark-less" alternate jerseys tonight.  I actually think they look pretty nice.  Somehow they made it work.  I think it's because the logo isn't obnoxiously huge, and somehow the horizontal stripes seem to fit.  I think this jersey works because everything was done kind of "moderately" so they don't seem very garish and actually appear quite classy.  And of course it helps that they don't have sleeves - if they did, that would make it a bad jersey.

Completely disagree.  I was amazed they were approved to be worn for an NBA team.

Just now, WSU151 said:

Completely disagree.  I was amazed they were approved to be worn for an NBA team.

Why would you be amazed that these were approved?  They're at least like the 4th or 5th team to come out with an alternate jersey in this style.  And they've executed it at least as good as any of the other teams who came before them with this type of design.

5 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

Why would you be amazed that these were approved?  They're at least like the 4th or 5th team to come out with an alternate jersey in this style.  And they've executed it at least as good as any of the other teams who came before them with this type of design.

Yeah I just don't like it.  I think it's kinda lazy.  For all of the ideas available to the Magic, they went with generic practice jerseys.  IMO, of course B)

Who are the other teams that have bold stripes bookending a logo?

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

These are overall pretty good. The Wolves jersey looks cool (not sure if it's same as last year's).

None of them are exactly the same as last year's designs, The Wolves would've worn whatever they were calling the cream color and blue last year.

wolves xmas.png

Also, I have no idea why they eliminated the side designs from every other jersey but I'm so glad they didn't do it to the Wolves uni. It looks so good.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

18 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

That "Philadelphia" wordmark looks like the same font the Phillies used during the maroon era. Was that intentional? 

It's not even close.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mavs-New-Court-Collage-826x620.jpeg

http://www.mavs.com/mavsnewcourt-by-the-numbers/?_ga=1.35463401.958123740.1478354719

Earlier this year Mavericks ran a design the new court contest for the "upcoming 2016-17" season.

Anybody remember the results to this contest AND if the Mavs will be using a new court design soon. They said court will be unveiled this year but haven't seen NOTHING about it. 

shado_logo.gif

56 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Mavs-New-Court-Collage-826x620.jpeg

http://www.mavs.com/mavsnewcourt-by-the-numbers/?_ga=1.35463401.958123740.1478354719

Earlier this year Mavericks ran a design the new court contest for the "upcoming 2016-17" season.

Anybody remember the results to this contest AND if the Mavs will be using a new court design soon. They said court will be unveiled this year but haven't seen NOTHING about it. 

I really like that throwback one if it means they will go back to using blue and green they already had a nice color scheme but they went and changed it for the new milennium

The green throwback looks the best, but if they must choose the current iteration, the fifth from the left on the bottom row looks best, IMO.

da.jpg

Archived