Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't know if this is their regular-season debut of them, but the Magic are wearing their black "wordmark-less" alternate jerseys tonight.  I actually think they look pretty nice.  Somehow they made it work.  I think it's because the logo isn't obnoxiously huge, and somehow the horizontal stripes seem to fit.  I think this jersey works because everything was done kind of "moderately" so they don't seem very garish and actually appear quite classy.  And of course it helps that they don't have sleeves - if they did, that would make it a bad jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

I don't know if this is their regular-season debut of them, but the Magic are wearing their black "wordmark-less" alternate jerseys tonight.  I actually think they look pretty nice.  Somehow they made it work.  I think it's because the logo isn't obnoxiously huge, and somehow the horizontal stripes seem to fit.  I think this jersey works because everything was done kind of "moderately" so they don't seem very garish and actually appear quite classy.  And of course it helps that they don't have sleeves - if they did, that would make it a bad jersey.

 

Completely disagree.  I was amazed they were approved to be worn for an NBA team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WSU151 said:

 

Completely disagree.  I was amazed they were approved to be worn for an NBA team.

Why would you be amazed that these were approved?  They're at least like the 4th or 5th team to come out with an alternate jersey in this style.  And they've executed it at least as good as any of the other teams who came before them with this type of design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

Why would you be amazed that these were approved?  They're at least like the 4th or 5th team to come out with an alternate jersey in this style.  And they've executed it at least as good as any of the other teams who came before them with this type of design.

 

Yeah I just don't like it.  I think it's kinda lazy.  For all of the ideas available to the Magic, they went with generic practice jerseys.  IMO, of course B)

 

Who are the other teams that have bold stripes bookending a logo?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

These are overall pretty good. The Wolves jersey looks cool (not sure if it's same as last year's).

 

None of them are exactly the same as last year's designs, The Wolves would've worn whatever they were calling the cream color and blue last year.

wolves xmas.png

 

Also, I have no idea why they eliminated the side designs from every other jersey but I'm so glad they didn't do it to the Wolves uni. It looks so good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mavs-New-Court-Collage-826x620.jpeg

 

http://www.mavs.com/mavsnewcourt-by-the-numbers/?_ga=1.35463401.958123740.1478354719

 

Earlier this year Mavericks ran a design the new court contest for the "upcoming 2016-17" season.

Anybody remember the results to this contest AND if the Mavs will be using a new court design soon. They said court will be unveiled this year but haven't seen NOTHING about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Mavs-New-Court-Collage-826x620.jpeg

 

http://www.mavs.com/mavsnewcourt-by-the-numbers/?_ga=1.35463401.958123740.1478354719

 

Earlier this year Mavericks ran a design the new court contest for the "upcoming 2016-17" season.

Anybody remember the results to this contest AND if the Mavs will be using a new court design soon. They said court will be unveiled this year but haven't seen NOTHING about it. 

I really like that throwback one if it means they will go back to using blue and green they already had a nice color scheme but they went and changed it for the new milennium

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.