Unpopular opinion time:

1. I think the stars/stripes on one side looks weird in black/white instead of RWB.

2. I really don't like "NETS" in that font, at that size, on those jerseys. I don't mind the "Brooklyn" wordmark on the jerseys at all, it just fits the typeface better (and in general I think it's hard to pull off a 4-letter nickname as a jersey wordmark). I think the number font being skinny and bland is the larger issue on all the jerseys.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Atlanta Hawks' new D-League Team

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/11/10/atlanta-hawks-will-have-local-nba-d-league-team/

Personally, I think Thrashers would be great. It's too good a name to not use again. Has local meaning being the state bird and there's a lot of 'thrashing' going on in the paint of a ball game. 

sig.png

On 11/10/2016 at 11:20 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

And the grey version of the road uniform was a great additional twist.  (By the way, this grey uniform is missing from the Nets' page on the main site.)

Image result for 2002 nets

They're not missing though.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

22 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Re: Atlanta Hawks' new D-League Team

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/11/10/atlanta-hawks-will-have-local-nba-d-league-team/

Personally, I think Thrashers would be great. It's too good a name to not use again. Has local meaning being the state bird and there's a lot of 'thrashing' going on in the paint of a ball game. 

College Park SWATS - make it happen!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

9668667-markieff-morris-marcus-thornton-

getty-images-622566512.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

We had another good uniform matchup last night with the Wizards wearing their Stars and Strikes uniform versus the Cavaliers wearing their classic excuse me regular maroon uniforms.

Whoever designed these Stars and Stripes uniforms really hit it out of the park!

I actually think the stars and stripes are better than their primary uniforms

6 hours ago, bushy said:

Not a fan honestly. And what is their fascination with a team that was only around for one season? Wasn't even like they were successful or anything. Is there really THAT much history?

They are proud of them because the first ever professional basketball game was played in Toronto (Huskies vs Knickerbockers). And the Raptors were gonna be called the Huskies again in 1996, but the Timberwolves were already in the league so it was hard for them to draw a logo that would not resemble the Wolves. With the latest rebrand he Huskies name was again in the talks but didn't make it, so this court was made to see how people would react if the Raptors were ever gonna rebrand to the traditional Toronto colors.

10 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I actually think the stars and stripes are better than their primary uniforms

I agree.  I never have understood the love that the current primary Wizards jersey set gets.  I thought it was ugly when it came out, and I still do.  That look should have stayed in the 70s and 80s where it belongs.  I guess I understand the nostalgia thing about the horizontal stripes, and they did come out with them right at the time that retro became the "in" thing to do.  But were the Bullets really that memorable?  I don't think so.

I actually like their old color scheme and identity (meaning the blue/gold/black/white Wizards) and I think all they should have done is updated things using that color scheme and identity. They definitely needed an upgrade (specifically to things like the 90s jersey wordmark, and possibly the 90s "side panel on only one side"), but they didn't need a massive identity overhaul.  I don't care if they play in DC - they don't have to be red white and blue.  Their previous color scheme was great.  Now they just look like another RWB team, except with ugly, fat, horizontal bars plastered across the front of their jerseys.

Archived