17 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Here's the back.

-62fdf8c56da7edc3.JPG

The sublimated Three StripesTM are subtle, but man, they're also *huge*.  I can't imagine Nike/UA devoting that much jersey real estate to their own logo -- even in a subtle, tone-on-tone application like this one.

18 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Here's the back.

-62fdf8c56da7edc3.JPG

Oh my, back is even worse than front.

New Orelans got a bad luck to all-star uniforms. 2008 was hard to watch, because of that two-tone. 2014 got sleeves and now this high school looking shirts.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Oh my, back is even worse than front.

New Orelans got a bad luck to all-star uniforms. 2008 was hard to watch, because of that two-tone. 2014 got sleeves and now this high school looking shirts.

But, with that said ...

Untitled-1.png

On 9/18/2016 at 3:13 PM, Uglybus said:

image.jpeg

What's this? My bet is just generic unis but it could possibly be the ASG jerseys. 

On 9/18/2016 at 6:59 PM, Conrad. said:

^ yea, you'd imagine they would say "EAST" and "WEST", too. let's hope to everything sacred that those aren't the unis.

that being said, I could very easily see Adidas mailing this one in since it's their last set of All-Star unis + the last-minute change of venue. fingers crossed.

Called it!

2 hours ago, keynote said:

The game is being played in New Orleans.  I know we're in an age of color-vs-color matchups, but why give the West the the darker grey if they're playing at home?

I think it was because they jerseys were designed before the game was switched from Charlotte to NOLA.

Just now, FinsUp1214 said:

I vote we scrap the crap, go back to this, and call it a day. 

IMG_5610.JPG

It won't sell more jerseys, but it'll look better. I'll take that every time.

Terrible idea.  Basketball played by ten guys with ten different uniforms is chaotic.

That's why you at least play shirts vs. skins in the gym, so as to provide some rudimentary uniformity.

16 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Terrible idea.  Basketball played by ten guys with ten different uniforms is chaotic.

That's why you at least play shirts vs. skins in the gym, so as to provide some rudimentary uniformity.

I get the concept of the concern, but to me at least, 5 guys in dark uniforms vs 5 guys in white is uniformity. I'm never going to mix up who's playing for who. Even if the Laker reps wore gold among white uniforms, it wasn't like everyone forgot Kobe played for the West.

I also liked that the setup back then almost had a "unity" feel to it while still showcasing each team represented in full; sure the Lakers and Spurs traded epic blows back then and may have been the premier rivalry of the time, but for one night in the year, their best joined forces and it was cool to see them do so in their respective uniforms. 

This is all just me though. Something like this especially all comes down to personal preference.

58 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I vote we scrap the crap, go back to this, and call it a day. 

IMG_5610.JPG

It won't sell more jerseys, but it'll look better. I'll take that every time.

YESSSSSS!

Just do this or bring back the the jerseys from last year's game in Toronto, which were gorgeous!

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I get the concept of the concern, but to me at least, 5 guys in dark uniforms vs 5 guys in white is uniformity. I'm never going to mix up who's playing for who. Even if the Laker reps wore gold among white uniforms, it wasn't like everyone forgot Kobe played for the West.

I also liked that the setup back then almost had a "unity" feel to it while still showcasing each team represented in full; sure the Lakers and Spurs traded epic blows back then and may have been the premier rivalry of the time, but for one night in the year, their best joined forces and it was cool to see them do so in their respective uniforms. 

This is all just me though. Something like this especially all comes down to personal preference.

I can see the idea that the five guys in white uniforms look similar enough.  (I guess you'd have to make sure that the Lakers wear white?  That would make them fit in; but it would be weird to have them in an alt uniform.)

But the dark uniforms are all different colours.  To me that looks extremely unprofessional; it winds up looking like a pickup game.  

I know that the All-Star Game is sort of like a pickup game, and that the All-Star teams are barely teams.  But they should look the part for the spectacle.  To have them all wearing different uniforms looks undignified.

In baseball it's a little different.  In one of the early games in the 1930s, the National League did wear All-Star uniforms.  But they found after that one game that this wasn't necessary on account of the nature of the game of baseball.

However, Goose Gossage did once have a problem caused by the multiplicity of uniforms.  In the 1975 All-Star Game, the Goose represented the White Sox, in a red-trimmed uniform.  In the top of the 9th inning with the bases loaded, he gave up a hit that easily scored the runner from third base; he then backed up a play at the plate in which the runner from second base scored.  The throw got away from the catcher, and Gossage tracked it down.  Seeing the runner from first base going to third, he threw to third to try to get him.  Except he didn't throw the ball to the third baseman; he threw it to the National League's third-base coach, Red Schoendienst of the Cardinals, who, like Gossage, was also dressed in a red-trimmed uniform!

Anyway, that's just a side story, not a plea for the baseball All-Star Game to adopt league uniforms.

For some reason, having different uniforms comes off to me as sloppy in basketball, as opposed to in baseball.

15 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_5610.JPG

I think do this, but change all the jerseys to have blue/red. All away jerseys would be the conference color, but in the individual team format. Same for the home team, but with white as the dominant color.

ideal asg.jpg

(ignore the terrible mockup)

I would be interested to see, and they kinda did this last year in Toronto, the All Star jerseys use elements from the hosting team's uniforms.  

So, like, EAST and WEST in the host team's font and the jerseys (white with blue accents, red with white accents when an Eastern conference team hosts and blue with white accents, white with red accents when a Western conference team hosts) would have an element from the host team's jersey (like for example, the Sixers' star side panels, the Wizards' chest stripe or the Knicks' shoulder stripes.)

That makes sense, but may get weird when asking players to wear a jersey that looks like rivals'. Like a Celtics/Lakers situation (not that Boston ever hosts the game). Would a Knicks fan buy a Melo jersey that looks like the Bulls style?