• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

I like the idea, but would be strange as f to see a white-blue Celtics uniform.

Looks like the back of the Knicks throwback.

12 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I think do this, but change all the jerseys to have blue/red. All away jerseys would be the conference color, but in the individual team format. Same for the home team, but with white as the dominant color.

ideal asg.jpg

(ignore the terrible mockup)

Is it me, or does Webber, KG and TD all look like they're playing for the Clippers?  And yeah, NBA fashion jerseys already look like this anyway, but there's no way you could get the Lakers in green if Boston hosted the ASG.  (Boston wears gold trims way more often--St. Patrick's Day and in 2009 ring ceremony jerseys, albeit not the same gold as the Lakers' gold.)

On 1/6/2017 at 3:27 PM, kimball said:

But, with that said ...

Untitled-1.png

I'd honestly flip that backwards. The fluer de lis jerseys were decent besides the sleeves. The two tones were gimmicky but not hiddeous. These new jerseys are horrible! I feel like the guy who designed the clippers logo designed these. They remind me of generic wall-mart clearance section kids jerseys. I just feel like in their last year, Adidas decided to give up. Atleast put "EAST" and "WEST" not All-star :(

ATL

Apparently not many NBA teams are interested in hosting. At one point Las Vegas was being considered as a semi-permanent neutral home, but that went poorly the first time and never returned. 

New Orleans is a city used to hosting big events, so it and a few others seem to be in regular rotation. In this year's case, Charlotte lost the rights due to a law that was passed. New Orleans is one place that can fill in on shorter notice.

The topic comes up every so often in Chicago, since the Bulls haven't hosted since 1988 (never in the United Center, amazingly). Reinsdorf doesn't want it.

Mark Cuban said he'd only host it in Cowboys Stadium so all of his season ticket holders could go, and they made that happen. Apparently what is usually a ST sales incentive in MLB is a point of contention in the NBA -- the league takes too many seats.

A shame that Minnesota can't get the asg. I suppose I understand why NOLA gets the asg but, I wonder why places like miami or Orlando don't get to host more often, those are fun party towns as well.

44 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

A shame that Minnesota can't get the asg. I suppose I understand why NOLA gets the asg but, I wonder why places like miami or Orlando don't get to host more often, those are fun party towns as well.

Orlando did host just a couple years ago.  Granted, they could host more often than twice in 27 years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

Orlando did host just a couple years ago.  Granted, they could host more often than twice in 27 years.

Yeah. And I figured since the NBA seems to be about lgbtq rights and what not, they would put the asg in Orlando after the nightclub shootings

Yeah. And I figured since the NBA seems to be about lgbtq rights and what not, they would put the asg in Orlando after the nightclub shootings

The ASG selection has more to do with franchise/arena willingness to host than frequency -- especially in this day and age. Plus, there is a desire to hold the ASG in warm weathered cities. Besides, Toronto and NYC (which has International appeal and exposure), I doubt you'll see places like Boston, Indiana, Utah or Detroit host the game in lieu to places like Orlando, NOLA, LA, Phoenix and Houston. 

But, as far as this year's game goes I think it went to NOLA because of arena availability and hosting capability. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

NBA All-star jerseys should be like the MLB home run derby uniforms. Tell me if the All-Star game ended up in Charlotte that you wouldn't want to see teal vs purple...

I think the NBA should revert back to the simple look of everyone wearing their respective home/away jersey. 1997-2001.

2000-NBa-all-star.jpg

2002-0209-Kobe-Bryant-001247786.jpg

michael-jordan-of-the-eastern-conference

1 hour ago, Dabbaby17 said:

I think the NBA should revert back to the simple look of everyone wearing their respective home/away jersey. 1997-2001.

2000-NBa-all-star.jpg

2002-0209-Kobe-Bryant-001247786.jpg

michael-jordan-of-the-eastern-conference

YES, this so much as a kid I always thought that was cool. Same with the MLB all star game, I wish they would do this rather than the crappy flashy unis.

I'd love the NBA to go back to patterning the ASG unis on the host team's, like they did in the '70s and early '80s.

1972, Los Angeles:

4a58a2858fa319b90f7b6001fe471ef1.jpg

1976, Phoenix:

nba-all-star-game.jpg

1977, Milwaukee:

1977nba.si.comcreditGettyImages_original

1981, Washington:

1981-NBA-All-Star-Game-Uniforms.jpg

Love the idea of going back to patterning unis after the host team, but again you run into the problem of jersey sales. Like someone brought up about re-coloring each team's uniforms for the game; What are the chances a Knicks fan buys a Melo jersey that looks like a Bulls jersey except says "East" on the front? 0%. What about buying a generic gray Melo jersey that says "All-Star" on it? Probably somewhere around 30% Any sales are better than no sales.

I think the way to go is the Rookie/Sophomore game. Make an attractive template, something teens and twenty-somethings might wear in public, then use the number font and team name from the player's usual uniforms. 

lets just not wear incredibly ugly all star jerseys. F the patterning after home teams -- eRay is right, they wouldn't sell well therefore never really be considered. I thought we were on a good track after last years AS jerseys then Adidas goes ahead and leaves us with this pile of dung as they bow out of the NBA. I shouldn't be surprised but this is just. so. bad. 

Excited for the Nike uniform renaissance. 

The All-Star game is a special occasion and a big dumb exhibition match. Having everyone wear their own team's jerseys is a somewhat fun look and keeps it simple... BUT it comes off as informal and lazy. Even if the designs are usually crap, I don't endorse giving up. Might as well make terrible designs to laugh at down the line and keep trying. 

I loved the two-toned jerseys by the way. And even if it isn't patterned after the home team, I like any nods to the host in the design.

I like the idea of keeping your own uniform for the Rookie-Sophomore game better, because you don't know the players that well and the game means less/it's less of an honor to be in it. They should go back to that rather than having a second set of bad jerseys every year.

On 6.01.2017 at 9:27 PM, kimball said:

But, with that said ...

Untitled-1.png

I'd disagree with you.

2014 uniforms have one big problem, sleeves, without them, these would be a really nice jerseys.

2008 uniforms got problem with contrast, because of East silver back and West white front, this is why this game was hard to watch. Conclusion is, these weren't a bad uniforms except this two things. I

n other side you've got 2016 uniforms, which looks so generic starting from design through the colors and ending on that All-star wordmark. You can simply use these on any other ASG in the world and nobody will know that these are originally designed for NBA. That is the biggest problem with them.

4r2eer.png

Archived