I wonder if there will be owners who prefer to use ad space for their own companies rather than selling the ad space... Would it be necessary to have rules regarding this? I'm not sure exactly how the ad revenue would be dispersed. If it's shared revenue, I could see why that may be prohibited. (Dan Gilbert immediately comes to mind for me: Fathead, Quicken Loans)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

Well, we are into our first game of the playoffs, and so far, zero alternate jerseys.  I suppose that's a good start.

The Celtics (who have some of the most historic regular uniforms) found a way to :censored: it up...

With all of the player chemistry issues. With all of the hate toward Morey and analytics and firing McHale. With all the hate Harden gets for his style of play and lack of defense.  With all the hate Dwight Howard gets for being Dwight Howard. Being one of the most hated teams in the league and now on our way to being swept in the first round after only a .500 win season after having just been in the WCF.  Has there ever been a more perfect opportunity for the Houston Rockets to rebrand?

It's been 13 years of underachieving.  13 years of big names such as Steven Francis, Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest, Kyle Lowry, James Harden, Dwight Howard.  Nothing to show for it.  It's time to put this brand out of its misery. 

You have a realistic chance at having a new GM, a new coach, and having only James Harden as the only player under contract to build around with a great free agency class.  This is the time to release a new brand and go into the 2016-2017 season with a fresh start.

Is there no hope? Is that 1 year notice rule still a thing? Didn't the Clippers rebrand in 1 summer? I feel like several teams have.  Is it at all possible or would Rockets fans at minimum have to wait another season?

On April 16, 2016 at 10:19 PM, LEWJ said:

I wonder if there will be owners who prefer to use ad space for their own companies rather than selling the ad space... Would it be necessary to have rules regarding this? I'm not sure exactly how the ad revenue would be dispersed. If it's shared revenue, I could see why that may be prohibited. (Dan Gilbert immediately comes to mind for me: Fathead, Quicken Loans)

I thought I read that half of the money goes into the revenue sharing pool, so it'd still have to be purchased. 

20 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Is there no hope? Is that 1 year notice rule still a thing? Didn't the Clippers rebrand in 1 summer? 

Look how well that turned out.

I feel like several teams have.

The only other team I can think of that rebranded on such short notice were the Thunder, when they moved to Oklahoma City. Which was obviously a special circumstance.

And like the Clippers...how'd that turn out?

On April 12, 2016 at 4:20 AM, The Wolf Within said:

I have to agree here. I want my jerseys as close to the real thing as possible, but I'm not buying a jersey with an ad on it.

Plus I like making fun of people who by soccer jerseys with ads on them.

Well as someone who is very opposed to ads on NBA jerseys I will be fine buying a replica with no ad. However... If authentics do not come with ads I will be much less likely to buy one than I would be if it came with the ad. If you are calling something authentic it needs to be authentic, this is precisely why I haven't bought any NBA authentics in years.

I'll ignore that second part because that is just pretty pathetic.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 4/20/2016 at 1:32 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Not next season, or the one after, but any "official" word on the Warriors' after their move to San Fran? Will they keep the Golden State moniker?

From what I remember they plan on changing to "San Francisco Warriors".  We'll see if that plan holds up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hope the Kings go to a modernized version of their '80s look, with the baby blue road unis. Preferably just make baby blue their full-time primary color and red their secondary, with royal blue for trim only. And have NOB be at the bottom of the jersey like in the '80s too. That'd be freakin' sweet...which is exactly why it won't happen.

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

From what I remember they plan on changing to "San Francisco Warriors".  We'll see if that plan holds up.

It's "under consideration" but I doubt they will, especially with their recent success. I'd love them to make the change, but I doubt they'd want to alienate East Bay fans. 

But, they should have become the Oakland Warriors yeeeeeeeears ago.

1 hour ago, Josh.0 said:

It's "under consideration" but I doubt they will, especially with their recent success. I'd love them to make the change, but I doubt they'd want to alienate East Bay fans. 

But, they should have become the Oakland Warriors yeeeeeeeears ago.

Perhaps, but Golden State sounds nice, and not having all teams go by a city/state name first, is kind of a nice feeling and touch. 

I think the Kings would be a perfect team for a powder blue & purple colour scheme. The throwbacks look great, but blue and red is just too boring. If they simply replace the red on the throwback with purple it'd be an amazing, and unique look. It's also a great way to bridge the two eras.

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I think the Kings would be a perfect team for a powder blue & purple colour scheme. The throwbacks look great, but blue and red is just too boring. If they simply replace the red on the throwback with purple it'd be an amazing, and unique look. It's also a great way to bridge the two eras.

Even better! Although, I don't think red and blue is boring when the blue is powder blue. The Oilers in the NFL pulled that combination off wonderfully for many years.

So, @spartacat_12, would the tertiary "trim" color be red or royal blue? Either one would be interesting. Royal blue would mean three "cool" colors and no warms. Red would mean red and purple in the same scheme for the first time since the original color scheme of the Raptors.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

jazz-jersey-90s.jpg

Actually, I wouldn't mind the Kings in Light Blue and Purple, but I prefer them in either Purple/Silver (or Gold)/Black or Light Blue/Red.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Perhaps, but Golden State sounds nice, and not having all teams go by a city/state name first, is kind of a nice feeling and touch. 

I agree. I always thought Golden State was nice and I prdfer then to keep that than SF. When I was younger I always wondered why the Nets didn't go by Garden State. But when you're still the Nets, it doesnt matter much. At least we weren't Garden State Swam Dragons. The adult half of me hates it but the 90s kid in me loves it.

GO NETS.

I've thought about it for a while, and I've come to the conclusion that Golden State is a terrible name. San Francisco, in my opinion, should be able to work as the body of water they're next to is called the "San Francisco Bay". Even if people in Oakland think it's associated with the city, it can also be associated with the Bay Area as a whole. Plus they're a professional basketball team, not a University.

Archived