• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, keynote said:

Any precedent for a team announcing that they'll be wearing an alt for all home games during the playoffs?

Not exactly the same situation, but the Blazers wore their sleeved ripcity alts for all of their playoff home games last season. They didn't make any formal announcements beforehand, but they did make an announcement after they won their first round series and before their first home game of the second round.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/forwardcenter/nba-allows-blazers-wear-rip-city-jersey-home-remainder-second-round/

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Not exactly the same situation, but the Blazers wore their sleeved ripcity alts for all of their playoff home games last season. They didn't make any formal announcements beforehand, but they did make an announcement after they won their first round series and before their first home game of the second round.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/forwardcenter/nba-allows-blazers-wear-rip-city-jersey-home-remainder-second-round/

Didn't the Cavs exclusively wear yellow at home last playoffs? 

4 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Didn't the Cavs exclusively wear yellow at home last playoffs? 

Nope, I'm actually not sure if they even wore yellow at home at all during last season's playoffs. I think you're remembering the 2015 playoffs when they wore their yellow alts at home quite a bit, although still not exclusively.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm pretty sure I've seen the red/black this year, but I don't think I've seen the black/red.  Both of those look terrible.  Looks like they packed the wrong shorts or jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

So, I haven't seen these much this season. Are these dead yet?

507920286.jpg.a1716284403d7a2380afe0aa1c5d4962.jpg508933694.jpg.8dabcbc7c9dd25079ac4263f55667123.jpg

You know, call me crazy, but I'm not totally against the red-black. The color balance actually really works on that one (the picture also helps, since the player has black accessories). The black-red looks absolutely terrible.

ExJworW.png

21 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

You know, call me crazy, but I'm not totally against the red-black. The color balance actually really works on that one (the picture also helps, since the player has black accessories). The black-red looks absolutely terrible.

The problem with the red-black is that it looks like a kids team, wearing color on top and dark shorts on the bottom

AwvgSX4.png

Those mismatched Hawks uniforms, in combination with the colors and sublimated patterns, remind me of something that a professional dodgeball team should wear, or what a "Slamball" team should wear.  They don't belong in a regular season NBA game.  Disastrous. If they still wear those combos, they need to stop.

I also don't mind the red/black combo. It's still not better than all-red or all-black, but it's not bad enough to bother me at all.

The black/red combo, on the other hand, is an eyesore. Maybe it's because the mismatched colors are more pronounced (at least to my eyes) when the shorts are brighter than the jersey instead of the other way around?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen the red/black this year, but I don't think I've seen the black/red.  Both of those look terrible.  Looks like they packed the wrong shorts or jerseys.

To my knowledge, the Hawks have worn the red/black combo once this year, very early on in the season against the Knicks.

DyEtlwu.jpg

I'm pretty sure the black/red combo has been mothballed.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Blazers going with the black uniforms (with white socks) tonight against Utah. They've worn red at home a few times in the last several years but I can't remember them wearing black at home at any point in the last 15 or so years. It's actually a pretty good look as the black uniforms look really nice matched up with their court.

IMG_3386.thumb.JPG.21f49d09bed130a68c8c897561614638.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm watching some highlights of the CLE @ MIA game tonight, and I'm not sure whether I believe my eyes, but both teams are wearing their primary jerseys, in the correct location.  The Heat are in their primary home white jerseys, at home, and the Cavs are in their primary road wine jerseys, on the road.  No sleeves, no throwbacks, no fauxbacks, no alternates, no one-offs, no different-era-colors-mix-and-match, no special occasion jerseys.  White at home, colored on the road.  These are two of the last teams in the league who I would expect would actually do this, so I might be hallucinating.  

13 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

I'm watching some highlights of the CLE @ MIA game tonight, and I'm not sure whether I believe my eyes, but both teams are wearing their primary jerseys, in the correct location.  The Heat are in their primary home white jerseys, at home, and the Cavs are in their primary road wine jerseys, on the road.  No sleeves, no throwbacks, no fauxbacks, no alternates, no one-offs, no different-era-colors-mix-and-match, no special occasion jerseys.  White at home, colored on the road.  These are two of the last teams in the league who I would expect would actually do this, so I might be hallucinating.  

Pictures or it didn't happen. 

sig.png

Archived