• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Discogod said:

Unpopular opinion alert - those pinstriped units are the worst look the Pacers have ever had. The current units are much better.

I wouldn't say the pinstripes are the worst look they've ever had (they had some worse looks in the 80s, IMO), but they're certainly not better than what they wear now.  

I've always thought that the Pacers current look is just right - relatively unique NBA color scheme, not too boring but not too complex, and it looks pretty modern, sporty, and sleek (not old-timey), appropriate for a team whose identity is associated with racing. 

I've also wondered if their current road unis would look better with yellow letters and numbers, but that might look a little too gaudy / bright.

I can't believe the mismatched stripes on the current set have lasted as long as they have.  Besides that, it's a solid look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I sit there last night watching the clippers and still to this day can't believe the NBA allowed that much of a downgrade to happen...it still looks like a generic create a team set from the PlayStation 2. Cleveland should never wear the whites. Spurs should burn the greys. 

25 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I can't believe the mismatched stripes on the current set have lasted as long as they have.  Besides that, it's a solid look.

They fixed that problem 

static3.businessinsider.com/image/58b71befae21f91a008b4728-480/paul-george-2017.jpg

Im struggling to post a pic from my phone how

embarassing :/

90758391980.gif

Looking at the timeline of Pacers jerseys, it's amazing how every jersey they've ever had so closely reflects its time. Like look at the typefaces alone! Dorky serif font in the early 80s, laser beam future in the late 80s, italicized Helvetica in the 90s! 

(This means they're due for a sublimated pattern and fluroescent yellow on the next ones.)

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/224/Indiana_Pacers/

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 12.02.42 PM.png

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 2/20/2017 at 5:57 PM, phutmasterflex said:

I have no idea why I like this even though everything tells me it's a bad design 

bulls_uniforms_hinrich.jpg 

That was your dazzle fabric era, where black jerseys looked like a wet Hefty bag.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Just now, insert name said:

The Bulls already screw up a good uniform matchup by wearing black sleeved uniforms.

I hope they're wearing the black sleeved uniforms as a show of solidarity for Thomas, his family, and the Celtics otherwise I'd agree with you about them needlessly ruining a good uniform matchup.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, tulanebc said:

That was your dazzle fabric era, where black jerseys looked like a wet Hefty bag.

Would have loved to see them matched with mavs when they were wearing the trash bag unis

Archived