NBA x NHL Mashup: Dallas Stars

Afrobandito

So I've been making logos for a while, but I never really took the time out to try a uniform concept before. After seeing the work of the NFL/NBA mashups from before, I was inspired to do something similar. At the time, the Kings seemed like a great way to start. If this went well, I was thinking about attempting a uniform for the St. Louis Blues, or go the opposite route and make a sweater for the Lakers. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

KingsBasketball_zpsihfvd8ny.png

kana_signature_by_dapowercat316_d6j6ljz1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Morgo said:

Pronger? :P  At any rate, the blues look spectacular.

:lol: Well he was the cover boy for NHL Hitz 20-03, and that was one of my favorite Hockey games of all time along with Rock The Rink, so that did persuade me.

4 hours ago, Ragone said:

One idea for the blues is to maybe incorporate the arch into the uniform. Just a thought.

That'd be an interesting idea to go with. but outside of using the secondary logo on the shorts, I'm not sure where I'd put the arch. Outside of maybe implementing it as a pattern behind the back of the numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Reviving the thread after a little bit.

When I was growing up, there were three hockey uniforms that I really enjoyed: The Gretzky Retirement Tour-era Blues on the road, the dark purple Mighty Ducks, and the Dark green & gold days of the Dallas Stars. When I went into trying to make the latter's uniform, I wanted to implement ideas from both eras of the franchise from their time in Texas. I admit that I'm not immediately attached to the green on top of the traps. 

Cd6iyyIUMAEH7AK.png

incorporating the arch in the blues could easily be done if you used the supersonics style jersey with the arch across the chest.

also the blues logo on the white jersey is an entirely different shade of blue than any of the other blues used.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

1 hour ago, worcat said:

incorporating the arch in the blues could easily be done if you used the supersonics style jersey with the arch across the chest.

also the blues logo on the white jersey is an entirely different shade of blue than any of the other blues used.

The arch would be doable if I go the Sonics route, but I was mainly trying to stick with the style of their current uniforms

The logo on the white one itself, I was using from the Sportslogos site, but I did just now notice that it did not match the lighter blue I've been using before. Here's the small update.

BluesBasketball2_zpsdmr0i1ck.png

On 3/22/2016 at 10:27 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

Most of these are bold but beautiful. 

However, if a team has a team name script in the same font, I'd use it as well. Having uniforms that just say the team name instead of the location is a pet peeve of mine. 

Thanks, man. I think that'll work if I go with Vancouver next or the Rangers.

That's a good point, I didn't necessarily factor in having to tuck in the jersey going in to this, and that was a goof on my end.

Trying stretching out the side designs to the shorts & recoloring the home waistband before taking the route of shortening them,

Starsbasketball3_zpsm7ellajz.png

Archived