Roller Hockey International Redux (Las Vegas jerseys)

jdp

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On February 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Frenchie said:

Looking forward to this series....

When I hear "Stampede", I think of a herd, not just one animal...

That makes sense, but it's the BUFFALO Stampede... So that would be the animal to stampede...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I look forward to seeing the rest of this. I remember wacthing the Chicago Cheetahs playing when the league started and they had home games at UIC Pavilion. Actually got to attend two games with the second RHI team teh Chicago Bluesmen that played at Fox Valley Ice Center.  The first was against the San Jose Rhinos and the 2nd was against the Buffalo Wings. Spent most of the halftime standing in line for food and missed the 4 or 5 goal outburst to help the Bluesmen rally at the start of the 3rd quarter vs. the Wings.  

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

10 hours ago, deked73 said:

I look forward to seeing the rest of this. I remember wacthing the Chicago Cheetahs playing when the league started and they had home games at UIC Pavilion. Actually got to attend two games with the second RHI team teh Chicago Bluesmen that played at Fox Valley Ice Center.  The first was against the San Jose Rhinos and the 2nd was against the Buffalo Wings. Spent most of the halftime standing in line for food and missed the 4 or 5 goal outburst to help the Bluesmen rally at the start of the 3rd quarter vs. the Wings.  

Vipers would have been my local team, but would have loved to visit Chicago see a game. I originally had the Bluesmen in the first round of updates, but I couldn't think of anything for them. Cheetahs could use an update too.

31 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Why do the jerseys have contrasting hems?

I think they should look the same.

I assume you mean the bottom of the sweaters, right? I was wondering if that was a thing, but I looked at NHL jerseys, and not all have the same hem, so I went with this. I'll give it a shot, though.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Just throwing out this quick update to Toronto, based on KittSmith_95's suggestion. It looks good, but I admit I'm partial to the original idea, mostly because this one necessitated removing a good amount of teal from the jersey.

24851504679_6e915d0f54_o.jpg

Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

31 minutes ago, jdp said:

Just throwing out this quick update to Toronto, based on KittSmith_95's suggestion. It looks good, but I admit I'm partial to the original idea, mostly because this one necessitated removing a good amount of teal from the jersey.

24851504679_6e915d0f54_o.jpg

I'd make the swooshy stripes teal, in all honesty.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

23 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'd make the swooshy stripes teal, in all honesty.

I tried that initially. I just wasn't a fan of the teal-on-white look. Needed more contrast, I thought.

Let me preface by saying I know how ridiculous this one is. But, because I was keeping the same team colors, I decided to also keep the early-90s radical(!!!) feel. Therefore, a horse (representing the Calgary stampede) with a bowl cut and old-school Oakleys. Not to mention a font reminiscent of Fresh Prince.

Really, I just couldn’t help myself with this one.

Without further ado, Calgary Rad’z.

25115178855_9089ca792f_o.jpg

All right, so Calgary did nothing for nobody. Not surprised. My friend commented on it offline, and it wasn't pretty. So back to the drawing board for the Rad'z.

Until I can get Calgary updated, here's Vancouver Voodoo.

24484526154_111f86cb83_o.jpg

Inspiration came from having been to the Vodou exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago.

My problem with Vancouver is that the eyes, mouth, and noes are rather bold (meaning the lines), but the black outline around the logo is super thin. I suggest making it as thick as the outline around the eyes and nose. 

For the Radz (ugh, pains me to even say that. So weird), I like the direction you're going with the head. I think it's a contrast issue. You could keep the colors, but using black as an outline would be your best option. The Oakleys stand out like a sore thumb because of that. You could make black the main outline color and go from there. I'd also say scrap the font entirely. Doesn't really fit with the horse. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

6 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

My problem with Vancouver is that the eyes, mouth, and noes are rather bold (meaning the lines), but the black outline around the logo is super thin. I suggest making it as thick as the outline around the eyes and nose. 

For the Radz (ugh, pains me to even say that. So weird), I like the direction you're going with the head. I think it's a contrast issue. You could keep the colors, but using black as an outline would be your best option. The Oakleys stand out like a sore thumb because of that. You could make black the main outline color and go from there. I'd also say scrap the font entirely. Doesn't really fit with the horse. 

Understood on Vancouver.

As for the Radz, that was one of the first ones, where I was really try to stick to the original colors. I'm going to redo it, regardless, but I'll try the black outline first. Can't unsee the sunglasses now. The font doesn't match, you're right; it was just super-90s so I ran with it.

Because there were no comments on Vancouver, I'm moving on to Las Vegas.

24898542889_1c2c57e8e4_o.jpg

Just a couple notes. That is meant as an ichthyosaur, the state fossil of Nevada. I have no idea if that was the intent of the original logo, but it kind of fits, so I ran with it. Credit goes to the Field Museum and National Geographic for the image that lead to this version of the ichthyosaur.

Archived