Roller Hockey International Redux (Las Vegas jerseys)

jdp

I think the issue with some of these so far is that you have too much detail and you're using more colors than you need to. This makes the logos have a clip art type of vibe. For example, in the Voodoo, what if you reworked it so instead of having the dark orange shading, it was black? And for the Flash, you should cut down the number of purples and eliminate the black. Maybe do your highlights in white. And reduce the number of strokes in the face. This will give them a sportier look overall.

LOVE that you're using an Ichthyosaur. I thought it was a mosasaurus at first, but I think that's because your jaws are a bit thick and the eyes are a little small proportionately. I don't think most people would know, though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, suplauren said:

I think the issue with some of these so far is that you have too much detail and you're using more colors than you need to. This makes the logos have a clip art type of vibe. For example, in the Voodoo, what if you reworked it so instead of having the dark orange shading, it was black? And for the Flash, you should cut down the number of purples and eliminate the black. Maybe do your highlights in white. And reduce the number of strokes in the face. This will give them a sportier look overall.

LOVE that you're using an Ichthyosaur. I thought it was a mosasaurus at first, but I think that's because your jaws are a bit thick and the eyes are a little small proportionately. I don't think most people would know, though.

Thank you. But you cut me; you cut me reeeaaal deep. No one wants to be compared to clipart...not even clipart. :P

Seriously, though, I know one of my issues is restraint with details. What are your thoughts on Buffalo? I really tried to limit the details with that one.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

1 hour ago, jdp said:

Thank you. But you cut me; you cut me reeeaaal deep. No one wants to be compared to clipart...not even clipart. :P

Seriously, though, I know one of my issues is restraint with details. What are your thoughts on Buffalo? I really tried to limit the details with that one.

Buffalo definitely feels so much more like a logo. The fur squiggles on the sides feel a little disjointed from the rest of the design, but overall the heaviness of the shapes gives it a much stronger logo feel. You are still using a lot of colors- do you need 2 blues? Do you need white and grey? These are design decisions to consider.

Archived