Denver Nuggets Redesign (updated 2/23 - #6)

timberwolf

Hello all,

I was looking through the old histories of some of the NBA teams and stumbled across this gem.

image.gif.77cd50b26060eae61bdac1bd74a938

It got me thinking as to what this logo would look like modernized and updated. I began some work and I guess I don't need to explain myself much. I used some current elements and old ones to create this.

image.thumb.png.a070f6e2b837f96d663a1551

C&C is much appreciated. Uniforms will follow.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it's not a bad logo by any means, I actually like it, if you were to swap the colors and names it could be used for any team. I think it needs some Nuggets-specific elements somewhere, like a pick axe, a mountain a gold nugget, a rainbow, etc. 

spacer.png

I really like this! I totally agree with mattb6, though.

Maybe make the middle [vertical] line the handle of a pick axe, using the rounded-top of the basketball as the pick-end of the axe?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like it as a secondary.

The Bevel effect actually looks like the pick axe at the top.

There is just something that doesn't feel right about the "NUGGETS" wordmark in the middle, and I can't pinpoint it, kerning maybe???

All around, I like it. I have to admit that they rock one of my favourite colour scheme in all sport.
(Just like my sons's school, too bad they have no budget for Athletics).

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Thank you all for the comments and here's an update.

I tried to incorporate the pickaxe like you suggested, but it wouldn't fit right and made it all messy at the top or bottom. So I went with a route that can connect this logo with the current alternate, which I love. I put the pickaxes crossed in the back, with the sides peeking out around the DENVER and BASKETBALL. I'm not sure about this and I do really like mattb6's suggestion of adding a rainbow somewhere. This being a retro logo and all.

Rip it apart.

image.thumb.png.a603981116b76501b055cabf

28 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

The update is great, but basketball definitely isn't centered on the bottom. 

Funny you should say that. I actually just copied the top and then flipped it so it's exactly the same as the top proportions. Is it possible that the shadows make it seem that way?

36 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Funny you should say that. I actually just copied the top and then flipped it so it's exactly the same as the top proportions. Is it possible that the shadows make it seem that way?

No, the basketball looks great, the word basketball seems off center, lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding haha. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, llfhockey said:

better. but what about incorporating the mountains in this

Yeah I'll what I can do. I'm trying to fit in into the ball somehow.

9 hours ago, mattb6 said:

No, the basketball looks great, the word basketball seems off center, lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding haha. 

That makes much more sense! Thanks! I'll mess around with it.

8 hours ago, seancarter said:

bold move on using past and present with this nuggets concept 

Thank you!

I really like where this design is headed. 2 things that I feel that need to be incorporated are some sort of mountains and the pickaxes. My personal preference would be to bring the pickaxes outside of the roundel, still keeping them crossed as you have them. As for the mountains, I would try to bring them in above the Nuggets banner inside the basketball. How to do that without losing the basketball detail? I'm not exactly sure. Maybe sublimation? Kind of would tie in with their court. Either way, this is already a solid piece of work. Great job so far!

Alright I'm back and as promised...here's an update. I think I'm going in the right direction here but I'm not sure. I added the rainbow-city-mountain in the back for better looks. I have two concerns that I hope someone can figure out, because I'm stuck. The pick axes seem a bit out of place and I'm worried the logo is too busy (which someone has already stated)....

As always C and C is appreciated!

What I changed...

-added the rainbows

-made the detailing more sublimated

-centered "BASKETBALL"

image.png

Archived