Detroit Pistons Redesign

SydniT23

Hey guys,  I have been working on a pistons rebrand seeing as there has been talk of a logo change.  Even though I don't expect much of a change here soon i decided to go all out anyway!  The main idea was to try to modernize the "horsepower" look while also mixing in uniform design from their current and bad boys sets.  The modernization involved straightening the "Pistons" wordmark, removing chrome reflections, removing silver, smoothing and simplifying lines, adding a "Detroit" wordmark, and modernizing the two alternate logos similarly.  For the uniforms, I tried to have a nice mix of eras with the bad boys, horsepower, and modern sets, and I decided to put it on my Nike template because I made the template :) and because of Nike taking over the NBA in the near future. So without further ado here's my version of the Detroit Pistons!

Primary Logo:

56c666dd086f8_PistonsWordmark.png.0830af

Alternate Logos:

56c666e80d039_DetroitAltLogos.thumb.png.

Home Uniform:

56c66719ba706_DetroitPistons-Home.thumb.

Away Uniform:

56c6670076aba_DetroitPistons.thumb.png.1

56c6670d7da8f_DetroitPistons-Alt.thumb.p

C&C is always apprecitaed! Thanks!

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

10 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

I love this concept!! You never know how much the chrome took away from the logos. My only question is on the home uniform..is the back suppose to be white? That's my only criticism, but overall, great job!!

Yeah the backs are all the same colors! The darker coloring is to represent the mesh on the Nike template

Rose%2BBowl_sig.png

Really nice concept - a good blend of old and new.  I really like the color scheme.  Nice Work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

On 2/19/2016 at 10:42 PM, SydniT23 said:

Yeah the backs are all the same colors! The darker coloring is to represent the mesh on the Nike template

Even the DEEP grey on the white uniform?

The only change I would make is the AWAY and ALTERNATE uniform colors. GREAT CONCEPT!

Great concept, love what you did.  I agree that the navy should be their primary away, since that's the color that is most prominent in your logos, and that your blue kits need a little white in them just for contrast.  But still, great job.  I'm really impressed with how well you remastered the Horsepower theme.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

The logos are really nice! I also like the uniforms a lot. I am a huge fan of light blue, and I really wanted the Clippers to go with it in their redesign, but you know. This would bring light blue to the NBA, which is pretty nice, and definitely would improve the quality of the league.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived