Yet another Yankees-Red Sox fight

jkrdevil

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Arroyo throwing at the Yankees best player? Is that forgotten in all of this?

I think A-Rod has some balls getting in a fight when he makes so much money to play baseball. I think it was low-class for Rodriguez to curse out Varitek and challenge him like that and even lower-class for Varitek to punch him while keeping his catcher's gear on. It's up to Rodriguez to walk to first base, steal second, score a run, and let Sturtze fight the Yankees' battles, in my opinion.

What a great win for the Red Sox though. Can't argue with the emotional uplift it must provide. From a fan's perspective, it was a great game to watch, even if the results and contents of what happened weren't all favorable to my best interests.

What a great win for the Red Sox though. Can't argue with the emotional uplift it must provide. From a fan's perspective, it was a great game to watch, even if the results and contents of what happened weren't all favorable to my best interests.

It was exciting but it was a poorly played game. One thing is clear after these last 2 games, the Yankees bullpen is overworked and they need to get their starting pitching healthy so the can send maybe El Duque to the pen to realive Quantrill and Gordon of some work.

The thing that killed the Yankees this game was their inability to score more runs with the basesloaded no one out after the Sierra home run.

I saw that Arroyo hit A-Rod. I don't remember if there were runners on or whatever. Doesn't seem like a place to bean someone for the intent of starting a fight.

I did see A-Rod mouth off at Arroyo and Veritek get in the middle. Both players threw punches at the same time. Varitek's mask came off with the punch. He doesn't need to hide behind a mask to kick A-Rod's ass.

In the middle of everything, Tanyon Sturtze had one of the dumbest moves of the confrontation. He decided to take on the most physically fit player on the field...Gabe Kapler. Sturtze had Kapler in a headlock and dragged him out of the ruckus until Ortiz flipped him over.

It's not like Arroyo has the best control. I think he leads the league in hit batsmen. So this is not an unsual occurrence. It happens. A-Rod should have just gone to first, but he decides to let everyone know his command of the language. If he keeps going to first there are warnings and it probably ends. I will put most of the blame on the fight on A-Hole.

Both teams get heated in this rivalry. Is every inside pitch or HBP going to cause a fight? It shouldn't. Both teams made this get out of hand.

By the way, where were all the Yankees to help out Sturtze? Thinking about blowing the lead later on?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

11-10 is a hard game to talk about the inability to score runs! ;)

Absolutely correct about the Yankees bullpen. They need rest, and might be able to get it if they stay ahead in the standings.

This was a sloppy game. 11-10 in any league any time is not a well played game. But, it was heart, and an incredible soap-opera-for-men. Not what i'd use to teach my kids to play... but definately entertaining.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If you can't capitalize on bases loaded on three straight errors with no outs, it's probably not your game.

The bullpen is just tired from bailing our starting pitching out day after day.

If Contreras goes 9 tomorrow, I will take back (most) of the bad things I've said about him.

Veritek has to get most of the blame for the fight, he's the one you threw the first punch there is no disputing that.

Anyway, the Yankees won't lose the lead in the standing right now they have an 8 1/2 lead on the Red Sox. Any hopes the Red Sox had for winning the division ended with A-Rods double on friday. Karsay should be back from his year and a half off soon and when the Starters get healty I would imagine they would send El Duque (Who has been pitching great) to the pen which would give Quantrill and Gordon some needed time off.

OK, I won't dispute Varitek threw the first punch. All the video I saw I couldn't tell, but I saw pictures that showed it was him. But you can't tell it wasn't instigated by A-Rod. Just go to first. There's 2 outs! Why would you want to put the batter on? You want the inning to end.

Besides, as the history between the teams has shown us, if you're going to start a beanball war, you aim for the head with a fastball, not a breaking ball/curve ball to the elbow.

Well the game just went to 3-0, The pitcher was probably frustrated. And most of the time intentional hit are aimed for the ribs, you want to send a message not kill the guy. An example of that is monday when Zambrano hit Edmondos on purpose he hit him in the ribs.

the next game is going to be interesting for sure. you watch, the first pitch that comes remotely close to any batter is eitehr going to set of the batter or the ump, you watch

and for the record, I hate both the RedSox and Yankees, those jerks have made it impossible for the crappy crappy BLUE Jays to have even dreams of competing at the posibility of getting the Wilds-card :wacko: but they do do what it takes to make a competative team, and that you have to respect, even if you hate either one

The Zambrano pitch was obviously on purpose...it was right after a home run. Arroyo's pitch was on a 1-1 count with 2 out. I don't think the other ball was an inside pitch. There's no way to prove it that one was intentional, but it was not as obivous as Zambrano's. And all Edmonds did was go to first. He never even charged or looked at the mound.

Sunday's pitcher is Derek Lowe. He might hit someone. A left handed batter. Below the knees. Because that's where all his curve balls end up this year.

This is like a hockey fight where both parties are equally at afult involved or right whatever perspective you take Veritek did the right thing by protecting his pitcher and A-Rod could not back down once Veritek got in his face.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Why is everyone so disgruntled about this. I love this schitt!!!

They got into a brawl, so what. It livens up the rivalry. I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but without them, things aren't nearly as exciting.

Enjoy the games!!! We only get to play 19 times a year so enjoy every last one. The beat us last night, we beat them today, and who knows what the hell is going to happen tomorrow.

Let's hope for more brawls, shall we?

Why is everyone so disgruntled about this. I love this schitt!!!

They got into a brawl, so what. It livens up the rivalry. I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but without them, things aren't nearly as exciting.

Enjoy the games!!! We only get to play 19 times a year so enjoy every last one. The beat us last night, we beat them today, and who knows what the hell is going to happen tomorrow.

Let's hope for more brawls, shall we?

Exactly Nobody got hurt other then Sturtze bruise which is minor Im sure.

20 years ago this happened all the time and peoples lives went on. I remember teh Mets had 4 brawls in 1986 and I dont recall any major supensions.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Veritek was the :censored: because he started throwing punches with his catchers mask still on, and he STILL got his ass kicked.

I really wasn't an A-Rod fan, but fuxking up a Red Sock moves him up a few in my book.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Baseball "fights" are lame. What do you need fifty-some guys out on the field for? Stay in the freakin' dugout. Rodriguez and Varitek shut yer holes. Rodriguez go to first and continue to shut yer hole.

And, of course, it's totally overblown because it's the YankMes/Sux rivalry. Yaawwwwn.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived