AWFL Football (Fictional)

TheRealCamHart

Hey guys, so I have been working on creating a fictional semi-pro football league. Before I show you my first uniform concept you need to know some background about the league

Information

The AWFL is a Semi-Professional American Football league headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The AWFL currently holds 2 conferences and 10 teams.

The AWFL's players were the helmet of there college alumni.

Team Location Stadium Type  
National Conference        
Quad City Shamrocks Moline, IL ESPN Stadium Air Out  
Harrisburg Patriots Harrisburg, PA Metro Bank Park Smashmouth  
Hampton Roads Cutters Norfolk, VA Dick Price Stadium Strong Defense  
Manchester Primaries Manchester, NH Gill Stadium Strong Offense  
Boston Federals Boston, MA Harvard Stadium Strong Defense  
American Conference        
Los Angeles Surf Los Angeles, CA LASC Stadium Smashmouth  
Portland Empire Portland, OR Providence Park Air Out  
Lakewood Steel Lakewood, CO Jeffco Stadium Balanced  
Amarillo Copperheads Amarilla, TX Dick Blivins Stadium Strong Offense  
Las Vegas Brawlers Las Vegas, NV Sam Boyd Stadium Smashmouth  

I will be releasing new concepts over the course of the week and so on.

So here is the first concept -

Quad City Shamrocks

56c9fdbbbeec2_ShamrocksConcept.thumb.jpg

1 hour ago, Jvhn177 said:

Why did you use georgia's helmet for the quad city helmet? That's very uncreative and it makes no sense considering there is not a G in Quad City Shamrocks

1 hour ago, sleuthpanther said:

There are too many teams using a singular nown name (those aren't cool they never will be) , I don't really know where to start with that Jersey. Yikes.

This is a design forum. I don't know why the name really matters. And "Shamrocks" is not that bad.

48 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The acronym suits the jersey and league perfectly if you sound it out.

"Ladies and Gentleman, The Awful Football League!"

That's really not helping. And it's not awful.

As for the jersey--you need more contrast with the numbers and stripe. Try adding a thicket white outline to the numbers and some white to the stripe. Same with the name on the back.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

2 minutes ago, NOppenheimer said:

This is a design forum. I don't know why the name really matters. And "Shamrocks" is not that bad.

As for the jersey--you need more contrast with the numbers and stripe. Try adding a thicket white outline to the numbers and some white to the stripe. Same with the name on the back.

They helmet was not a design, it's a copy. And it has absolutely zero connection to the name, jersey, colours, city or anything.

46 minutes ago, CanucksBrad said:

They helmet was not a design, it's a copy. And it has absolutely zero connection to the name, jersey, colours, city or anything.

Read the first post....

"The AWFL's players [wear] the helmet of [their] [alma mater]."

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

2 hours ago, NOppenheimer said:

The name means alot buddy. Kinda important. And I was mostly taking about the "surf" and "steel" stuff, Shamrocks is fine

34 minutes ago, TheRealCamHart said:

Did you read my post at all. It is a "Semi-Professional" football league. The players are trying to be scouted to be placed on an NFL team, CFL team, etc.

If a scout needed to know where a player played his collegiate ball at, he would just have to look at his notes and/or game roster to find it. Just my 2cents.

Having players wear their schools helmet is good for the Senior Bowl and the East-West Shrine game. But outside of that its really unacceptable. 

The black and green you chose blend too much and you need more contrast with the colors. Adding white would help with that. I understand what you're trying to do with the helmets, it just doesn't work. The numbers are also too small on the back.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The most distinguishing feature of a football teams' identity is the helmet. You've nullified it with this design idea. I'd bring a team specific helmet into the design, and put the alma mater identifier as a chest/sleeve/hip/area above the NOB patch.

As far as the Shamrocks go... the number/name (you know the biggest identifier of an individual player) are entirely unable to be read. You've got to adjust those colors. They don't work on my computer monitor, they won't work on TV, and I sure wouldn't want to try and figure out who's who in person.

Finally, where's the away uni?

Archived