AWFL Football (Fictional)

TheRealCamHart

A few things about this concept:

• The singular mascot names don't bother me at all. They are a little more soccer-esque, but I don't think that truly matters.
  • Wearing the helmet of their alma mater is too much. It will contrast wildly with the uniforms, thus making the whole concept an eye sore. If you want to continue with the idea of alma maters, have the college logo somewhere on the jersey; in place of the TV numbers, perhaps. Or leave it on the helmet, but it should be on the back like a memorial sticker and only one-color.
  • And you've already heard this: the numbers need more contrast. If this league is for scouting, essentially, I imagine they would want to see numbers before alma mater. The numbers would be more tied to the individual than an alma mater. Consider the NFL Combine, for instance. Prospects are assigned numbers along with their position. School, at that point, is irrelevant.

And one more thing, to address posts from other members: Yes, this is a design forum, but it primarily is a concept forum - design matters, team names matter, theme matters, location matters, believability matters (to an extent). After all, I couldn't get away with calling a team the Kansas Mountaineers.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived