College to Pro: Killer D vol. 2: Legends Edition

Discrim

The Super Bowl edition didn't get as much response as I would've liked, and this isn't gonna be bigger than Star Wars...or the Batman-Superman movie...or that thing Taco Bell's been hyping the whole month...or even James Harden's beard.  Still, I figure this is one of my better C2P outputs.  So without further ado...

c2pkillerd2card.png

I kick this outing off with arguably the greatest outside 'backer ever, the original LT.  TBH, there was a second design I was considering, but I have a bit of an aversion to making the Giants resemble the Cowboys, so plain sleeves it was.  The Giants helmet is a bit lighter than I meant it to be (for you kiddies out there, back in the day, royal blue teams generally either settled for navy helmets [Rams, Giants] or wore this weird blue shade that matched nothing else [Broncos, Ole Miss]...to put this in perspective, plastic helmets largely replaced leather in the early 50s.  The Giants wore navy helmets until 2000.  Roughly 50 years, folks.)  Admittedly anachronistic, but an NYG that was closer to what Carolina was using for its UNC actually would've looked somewhat awkward, as the N and Y would overlap, but the G would've been floating (or I could've attained an overlap, but then the diagonal setup would've been impossible), so I tweaked the lowercase ny and made a matching g for the occasion.

c2plawrencetaylor.png

The man sitting on the most sacks ever, Bills great Bruce Smith...if not for the fact that there's just no good monogram equivalent I could think up on the Bills side for either the current VT or the vintage TV, the Va Tech helmet would've used the fighting gobbler like I'd done on the Mike Vick set...and I'd strongly considered it anyway.  Funny how the Bills and Giants jerseys wound up looking somewhat similar, much like their real life counterparts of the era.

c2pbrucesmith.png

The late, great DT...honestly, given I've done Bama players pretty frequently, and Chiefs players a bit more recently but still posted em, the big issue here was what to do for the Bama-specific arrowhead mock.  In the end, copied a clipart elephant silhouette, and there we go.

c2pderrickthomas.png

Lastly, the late Minister of Defense...on the UT side, I'd considered Smokey standing over a football, which would've been meant to mimic the flying eagle (and would be awesome to see), but settled for the Davy Crockett wannabe.  Also considered mimicking the wings with the Tennessee map, but figured that'd be more awkward than anything else, so a bluish-silver T with a white outline is what you see here.  Which also explains the Eagles helmet having a stripe despite the wings still being there (I briefly considered making a P or using an E from their 80s wordmark, but since I went subtle with the Vols, gotta reciprocate with the Iggles).

c2preggiewhite.png

That's it, so feel free to comment.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived