Broncoboy7

High School Redesings (3/12 with Uniforms Coming)

Hey folks! @ZionEagle and I are collaborating and starting a redesign concept of the Albuquerque Public Schools. Each team will have a new logo and wordmarks (Thanks to ZionEagle) and new basketball, baseball, and football jerseys. (Note: This is for fun, not for market.)

So without further adieu, here is our first school, the Sandia High School Matadors.

56ca6b9a90669_sandiaexperiment.thumb.jpg

Now lets compare how that looks from their previous logo.

56ca6be94f254_sandiacomparison.thumb.jpg

Quite a difference, am I right? Uniforms will be coming soon for Sandia, and then West Mesa and Manzano will be the next schools to get their facelift. C&C much appreciated!

That previous logo is awful. The update is very clean. I'd make the wordmark red because the silver doesn't contrast well with a white back. On a red background, the silver would be good, though.

Do you want to collab on some Utah high schools too? This looks soooooo much better by the way

Amazing redesign, everything on the primary is working except the wordmark just isn't doing it for me. It seems pretty plain, maybe change the font and have the gray or red as an outline?

39 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

That previous logo is awful. The update is very clean. I'd make the wordmark red because the silver doesn't contrast well with a white back. On a red background, the silver would be good, though.

Yes couldn't agree more that their current logo is terrible. Thanks for the word mark advice.

31 minutes ago, ckunz said:

Do you want to collab on some Utah high schools too? This looks soooooo much better by the way

Sure, PM me.

8 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

Amazing redesign, everything on the primary is working except the wordmark just isn't doing it for me. It seems pretty plain, maybe change the font and have the gray or red as an outline?

Thank you. I'll update the word mark tomorrow. Folks, all credit to @ZionEagle for the logos.

41 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

10 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

Agreed

On a red background, the silver would be good, though.

I agree for the wordmark. However I tried the logo on a red background and it didn't really look good to me, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for the feedback!

Amazing redesign, everything on the primary is working except the wordmark just isn't doing it for me.

Seems to be a common thought.

It seems pretty plain, maybe change the font and have the gray or red as an outline?

I'd have to say I'm not keen on an outline. Maybe a different font, but I'd like to keep the drop shadow.

Alright folks I listened to the wordmark C&C and I fixed it and I think you all will like it.

mNXMLcE.jpg

Tell me what you think below!

The orange color looks so much better on the font

7 minutes ago, ckunz said:

The orange color looks so much better on the font

It's a bright red, I can see why it looks orange though.

While we have it done. Here is the redesign of the West Mesa Mustangs.image.thumb.png.52aca7ccdbce23c8b4c03f58

Compared to their old logo(s)

image.png.b6b1eed31cd422d91b98c45d2d5602

image.jpeg.4e757149f7f7e9fca88f16c797de1

Let me know whatcha guys think!

Great update. Although, it would be better if you incorporated some blue into the update, like the old logo did.

41 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

Great update. Although, it would be better if you incorporated some blue into the update, like the old logo did.

Thanks you for this feedback. I think that is something that ZionEagle and I can look at.

Although, it would be better if you incorporated some blue into the update, like the old logo did.

Pardon me, I'm a little confused here. Are you referring to Sandia or West Mesa? Because West Mesa already has quite a bit of blue in it :P

Thanks for the feedback.

27 minutes ago, creativelysain said:

These really aren't redesigns as much as they are re-colorings of existing logos. I think you need to let people know this up front that you are taking logos already created, and making them fit with your school names.

Don't mean to be rude, but you are incorrect. These are pure and original designs made by @ZionEagle and these word marks are original designs as well. Please PM me if this issue persists.

2 hours ago, creativelysain said:

These really aren't redesigns as much as they are re-colorings of existing logos. I think you need to let people know this up front that you are taking logos already created, and making them fit with your school names.

What makes you say they're not originals? Have you seem them before?

1 hour ago, creativelysain said:

I'll edit my post...that's my bad. I thought the Matadors was the San Diego Toreros alt logo. I should've looked it up before posting. Carry on.

It happens! No big deal and thanks for the apology. I was a little confused at first. :)

Also folks, there will be a little delay on the uniforms for Sandia and West Mesa. I just had a work emergency come up that requires me to fly out of town. I will have my laptop to answer questions, but not to make jerseys. I should be back Friday and get back to the grind.