I know those teams, but who is that team over here? Wait, I've never heard of that LEAGUE?

11 hours ago, RandomEuro-AmericanFan said:

If they want to give scholarships, they are REQUIRED to play D1, or go D3 and have 100% walk-ons with 0 scholarships

Yes, but at least the teams in Minnesota have been thriving. UMD won a National Championship in '11, last year Minnesota State was number 1 in the Nation, and this year St. Cloud State is number 4...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

They're both tournament regulars, but that Butler and VCU played each other in the FINAL FOUR is pretty crazy. A midmajor was guaranteed to go the NCG that year. 

And Butler making it back the next year was beyond amazing. One year such as FGCU, VCU, GMU, etc is understandable. But to do it two years in a row as a mid-major was something else entirely.

On 2/24/2016 at 9:49 AM, RandomEuro-AmericanFan said:

By the way there is no D2 in Hockey, only D3 and D1, so the D2 hockey schools will play in D1 or D3 for hockey due to that rule

Oh but there is. There just isn't a D2 national Championship. When the championship was discontinued, most of the schools dropped to D3 or jumped to D1 but the Northeast 10 schools still play D2 hockey (except St. Anselm and St. Michael's who compete in D3 and play a partial Northeast 10 schedule). The conference has a championship game but that's the extent of the post season for the other four NE10 schools.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

44 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Oh but there is. There just isn't a D2 national Championship. When the championship was discontinued, most of the schools dropped to D3 or jumped to D1 but the Northeast 10 schools still play D2 hockey (except St. Anselm and St. Michael's who compete in D3 and play a partial Northeast 10 schedule). The conference has a championship game but that's the extent of the post season for the other four NE10 schools.

Well that's surprising thanks for telling me that

I will be following (CFA2-D5)Granville v (L1-D1)Marseille In the French Cup today and hope US Granville advances to survive another day in their Cinderella run,

24pas9d.jpg

34gpxki.jpg

On March 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM, RandomEuro-AmericanFan said:

Well that's surprising thanks for telling me that

I will be following (CFA2-D5)Granville v (L1-D1)Marseille In the French Cup today and hope US Granville advances to survive another day in their Cinderella run,

Thankfully, the good guys came out with a victory and the run is over. 

Only chance OM has of making Europe at this rate is through the Coupe de France. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived