DTConcepts

Hello, all! So an organization has contacted me to produce a logo for them, and I came up with this. The logo is for a political organization, and I know that may be bound to cause some fights, but I'd like to put aside the arguments and focus on the logo. I'm not getting paid for this, so you're not "doing my job" or whatever some may say.

First, some inspirations from local landmarks and symbols, as well the Sanders Campaign's logo.

56cd0a2062e08_LongmontForBerniePres.thum

Here it is, now rip it apart!

LongmontForBernie2.png

Here are some initial thoughts:

1. The mountains in the logo need consistency in the weight of the key stroke of the mountain and the alignment of the highlights. Right now, the "snow" element is all over the place (especially in the far right) and the inconsistent spacing between the snow and rest of the mountain is distracting.
  2. The spacing between the mountains and the "Longmont For" text needs to be increased. It feels jammed in. I would lower it to give some breathing room.
  3. Increase the kerning in the main text. It should matchup to just shy of the edges of the red arc.
  4. The shield is really sloppy. I would look to either make the bottom a full half-circle or smooth out some of the jagged lines along the arc to complete the shield look. Additionally, clean up the vertical lines as they should be smooth going up and down.
  5. Along with #4, the chevron shape under the Colorado logo needs to mimic whatever you do with the bottom portion of the shield. Right now, there's two design elements clashing for attention. Streamline it.

All in all, it's a good start with a great color scheme. With some minor tweaks, this can be a really great logo. Nicely done.

I really like a lot of what you have here so far. I think the next step is going to be to address the bottom of the shield. Right now the inside (blue) section doesn't run parallel to the outside (white). If you fix that in your next draft you should have a winner!

Archived