Space Jam's Tune Squad Update

JoeDGemma

What's up everyone? I've started working on a side project just for fun. I've decided to bring the fictional Tune Squad into the present day.

So far I've only got some basic concepts of uniforms and the updated logo. I want to push the project further but didn't want to get too far ahead of myself, so I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of what I was able to come up with so far.

OAs4eKo.jpg

G3CQ2wU.jpgDvNq7l3.jpgaHbVuD2.jpg

This is a really awesome idea, being a huge Space Jam fan it's awesome to see the Tune Squad brought to present-day. So kudos to that! 

I think the package as a whole is pretty good. For some reason though, I feel like the white uniform could use blue numbers. I don't know if it's that it seems like there's too much red compared to the other two sets or if it's just because the originals had blue numbers, but that's kinda what I'm feeling. Other than that, I'm really digging it all! It'd all look good on Bugs for sure! :D Great work!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

33 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

toon = cartoon
tune = music

That was the whole point of the Looney Tunes name. It's a play on words. Yeah OK it makes less sense in other English speaking parts of the world where tune is pronounced as 'chewn' but still

I think the primary could do with a thicker blue stroke on the text, but other than that this is a solid take!

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

6 hours ago, raysox said:

I noticed that last time I watched it (watch it again when you're 20, it doesn't hold up well), and it bugged the crap out of me and I had never noticed that it was spelled Tune before

Balderdash! Bill Murray is in the movie. Of course it holds up. And wildwing64 is right. Tune = Looney Tunes. That's how I always took it--even as a teen, when the film came out. Never once thought "Why isn't it Toon?"

Now, the concept. I don't have much to say about it, unfortunately. Nothing bad, nothing great. Although I like that blue, it does seem the primary uniform should be red, though.

Please tell me you're working on the Monstars now...

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

3 minutes ago, jdp said:

Now, the concept. I don't have much to say about it, unfortunately. Nothing bad, nothing great. Although I like that blue, it does seem the primary uniform should be red, though.

Yeah, thats the problem I've kinda run into with this. Right now it feels pretty generic which is really opposite of the tone of the movie and what I'm going for. Not sure how to push this thing further, which I why I came here I suppose.

16 minutes ago, JoeDGemma said:

Yeah, thats the problem I've kinda run into with this. Right now it feels pretty generic which is really opposite of the tone of the movie and what I'm going for. Not sure how to push this thing further, which I why I came here I suppose.

Completely get it. The original is pretty bland and it's not like there's much to work with--concentric circles and some text. Might just have to give the Tune Squad a rebrand.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

13 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

The Warner Bros and the Tune Squad logos are moved between the center and side views of the shorts.

Edit: And the waistband needs color on the center.

Good catches, didnt even notice that

i would loves to see MonStars uniforms that would be alot of fun to see these

Let me go back to when Space Jam movie came out it was 5 NBA players whose talents were stolen.

Charles Barkley, Shawn Bradley, Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, and Muggsy Bogues. These players were in 1996. So if this is about 2016 then.... who are 5 players whose talents got stolen?

For me, it'd be Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard and wait for it...... Seth Curry. 

It'd make sense in a movie when Leborn was on "injured list" and saw his teammate's odd behavior when an alien stolen his talent in the game. Then forth on hearing his other fellow Olympics teammates taken in the same way. 

Unless y'all have different 5 players in mind. lol

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Archived