Fort Worth Vaqueros 2016 Jersey Contest

mfoster

They got 64 entries that will be voted on over the next month in head to head elimination rounds.  Since UN1TUS does their kits and has sublimation capabilities, fans were able to go all out on their designs.  Fans are technically only voting on the concepts (which UN1TUS will clean up after the winner is chosen).

This is half the first round.  I spent a little time on designs and so I have some entries in both this round and the next.  I'm a little disappointed they're only showing the fronts of the home kits because all of mine are home/away pairs and nearly all have elements on the back.  Oh well.  Glad I didn't spend too much time on this.  I'm no designer, but some of these are really, really bad C&P jobs. 

http://www.fortworthvaqueros.com/latest-news/209-vote-here-the-vaqueros-kit-madness-powered-by-un1tus

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/EAyiah

To be fair, I ripped off Norwich City's 92-93 shirt and recolored it for Fort Worth.  It was the first concept I made, and only because my wife triple dog dared me.  I tried not to overdo the sponsor box, unlike NCFC this season...

Vaqueros_1992_Road.thumb.jpg.3795fc99842

I also did one using the Fort Worth Water Gardens.  Ever see Logan's Run?  It's the tidal energy generator Michael York dives into near the end of the flick.  I also tweaked UN1TUS' badge to look like an overhead of the Gardens.  The WTWB on the back is for "Where the West Begins,"  and I got lazy with a barbed wire font for the numbers.  Most of my other designs are the same, using other popular elements found around Fort Worth (Stockyards, Sundance Square, etc)...

VaquerosStyleWGHome.thumb.png.c763147d03

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 0:16 PM, mfoster said:

They got 64 entries that will be voted on over the next month in head to head elimination rounds.  Since UN1TUS does their kits and has sublimation capabilities, fans were able to go all out on their designs.  Fans are technically only voting on the concepts (which UN1TUS will clean up after the winner is chosen).

This is half the first round.  I spent a little time on designs and so I have some entries in both this round and the next.  I'm a little disappointed they're only showing the fronts of the home kits because all of mine are home/away pairs and nearly all have elements on the back.  Oh well.  Glad I didn't spend too much time on this.  I'm no designer, but some of these are really, really bad C&P jobs. 

http://www.fortworthvaqueros.com/latest-news/209-vote-here-the-vaqueros-kit-madness-powered-by-un1tus

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/EAyiah

To be fair, I ripped off Norwich City's 92-93 shirt and recolored it for Fort Worth.  It was the first concept I made, and only because my wife triple dog dared me.  I tried not to overdo the sponsor box, unlike NCFC this season...

Vaqueros_1992_Road.thumb.jpg.3795fc99842

I also did one using the Fort Worth Water Gardens.  Ever see Logan's Run?  It's the tidal energy generator Michael York dives into near the end of the flick.  I also tweaked UN1TUS' badge to look like an overhead of the Gardens.  The WTWB on the back is for "Where the West Begins,"  and I got lazy with a barbed wire font for the numbers.  Most of my other designs are the same, using other popular elements found around Fort Worth (Stockyards, Sundance Square, etc)...

VaquerosStyleWGHome.thumb.png.c763147d03

Go with a silhouette rather than an actual picture,  it makes a big difference in appearance.  And one should never conjure up the bad vibes of thst Norwich City kit. And there are a multitude of Western style numbers that would look better than this. Take dome time and some pride in this. This is a professional team wearing your design. You want fans to want to wear it too. And not ironically. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/28/2016 at 9:01 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Go with a silhouette rather than an actual picture,  it makes a big difference in appearance.  And one should never conjure up the bad vibes of thst Norwich City kit. And there are a multitude of Western style numbers that would look better than this. Take dome time and some pride in this. This is a professional team wearing your design. You want fans to want to wear it too. And not ironically. 

Round 2 is up.  Overall these look a little better.

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/4DyIm3

I only had a couple evenings to work on mine.  Also important to repeat that the designs being voted on are just concepts.  UN1TUS and the club are going to clean things up.  They may decide to go with a different number font, or to watermark certain design elements.  I did bounce my designs around a few of my friends in the supporter group, and they were well-received.

Archived