Is that scene from something? I Googled Stanley Park and looked for a logo similar to this; didn't find anything. My point being, is this park scene related to the park itself? If it is, then great. Otherwise, it's just a park scene that could fit anything, really.

As for the logo itself--outside of meaning--I would work on the line weights. Far too many thin lines, whether it is the umbrella, the tree branches, or the text.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Simplify. There is way too much detail for a jersey crest that would be no bigger than 3 inches wide. Put the badge on your computer screen in an actual size, then look at it from the other side of the room and you will see what I mean. The font is too thin. Use the same idea with a minimalistic approach and it would work well.

Also, the ball needs to be a contrasting color from the feet/claws.

after seeing the first logo i was about to recommend you include the totems from the park in your design so im glad you went in that direction. I really like this logo, the colors, font, but something seems weird with the totem just ending abruptly at the bottom. I know that particular totem you have here continues into a bunch of other animal heads so it would look weird to continue it but it just seems incomplete atm.

On a recent Footy Soldiers podcast, Pete Schaad suggested the idea for a Vancouver club called Stanley Park Gunners FC, using the 9 O'Clock Gun which sits along the sea wall in Stanley Park and is fired every night at 9 as a basis for the crest. Might be a route to explore.

As it is I think you need to take a much less literal interpretation of the totem to make this crest work. Think about how you can simplify some of the shapes and eliminate some of the detail while still keeping the essence of it. 

On 3/2/2016 at 6:32 PM, Rollins Man said:

after seeing the first logo i was about to recommend you include the totems from the park in your design so im glad you went in that direction. I really like this logo, the colors, font, but something seems weird with the totem just ending abruptly at the bottom. I know that particular totem you have here continues into a bunch of other animal heads so it would look weird to continue it but it just seems incomplete atm.

Yeah,I thought about including another totem head, but as it is I'm pretty sure it's already a little too busy.  I think I might put an old school soccer ball underneath there, I sorta thought that as well. 

On 3/2/2016 at 8:10 PM, nas1787 said:

On a recent Footy Soldiers podcast, Pete Schaad suggested the idea for a Vancouver club called Stanley Park Gunners FC, using the 9 O'Clock Gun which sits along the sea wall in Stanley Park and is fired every night at 9 as a basis for the crest. Might be a route to explore.

As it is I think you need to take a much less literal interpretation of the totem to make this crest work. Think about how you can simplify some of the shapes and eliminate some of the detail while still keeping the essence of it. 

Yeah, I listened to the same podcast and I'll probably try that out as well.  It's a cool idea, although I was hesitant to sort of rip off arsenal a little(I know it's a legitimate symbol, but part of me thinks that's how most people will view it)

For the second point, I kinda figured I'd get that sort of comment, but wasn't 100% sure about how to keep the idea of the top totem but make it a bit more basic.  Perhaps do a side profile.   Any other suggestions?  I didn't wanna change it too much, so that it was clearly recognizable but also basic enough to work as a logo.  Maybe just the head?  idk

Tried to take some advice and reworked the concept a bit.  Still will probably try out the gunners idea, but I thought i'd like to finish up this one first.  

Jx2WENM.png

Edit: realize the FC isn't centered.  Ignore that for now, I see it.

Archived