NHL Worst to First

T-ROY

It's been a while since I last posted here and I have a new template based off of Icethetic's template. I thought I'd give myself a little project to do to test out the new template. So I ended up deciding to re-design the 5 worst jersey designs in the league. Here's #5...

5JbDGHn.png

I have Columbus at #5 because as a fan of the team, I feel the jerseys lack any kind of substance or creativity. It's just too simple. So I decided to go with a striping pattern mimicking the state's flag while adding silver outlines. I know this isn't necessarily anything different from other Columbus concepts, but I feel it's the way they need to go.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

10 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

Looks good, but I have 1 critique: on the away jersey, instead of having the upper arm being blue, you should give the away a yoke

I disagree, I think you need blue touching the red and white stripes in some way, interacting with that. If you put the blue on the yoke then the hem seems off compared to the arm stripes. I also think that instead of having the blue go down towards the cuffs, you get a much more balanced set because it's heavier on the arms.

Thanks everyone for the kind words

3 hours ago, MrWonka said:

I disagree, I think you need blue touching the red and white stripes in some way, interacting with that. If you put the blue on the yoke then the hem seems off compared to the arm stripes. I also think that instead of having the blue go down towards the cuffs, you get a much more balanced set because it's heavier on the arms.

Basically what Dylan said. By matching over the Ohio flag striping, I'd need to have blue incorporated somehow. If I only have a blue yoke, there would be too much white and not enough blue since the pants are also red. I decided on putting the blue on top of the striping because with such a heavy blue home uniform, I'd need to retain that amount. By putting it below the striping, it would just get hidden by the gloves.

3 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

I think the Jackets' current look is the best they've had so far, but it's not the most eyecatching uniform out there.

It's definitely the best look they've had, but that's not saying much since they've only had 2 sets.

I'll get the next team up later today.

#4...

ZsSYF83.png

I've never liked Washington's EDGE set. The navy is too dark and just ends up looking like black on TV and it bothers me how they got rid of their unique and beautiful color scheme of the late 90's. The EDGE template isn't terrible, it's actually quite unique, but it doesn't scream capitals to me. I decided to go with a reserved yet classic design for the nation's capital and maintaining the late 90's color scheme. 

I can't like anything that uses that logo as a main crest.

Agree, the colour scheme is great - striping is a little busy but would probably look okay in real life.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

#4...

ZsSYF83.png

I've never liked Washington's EDGE set. The navy is too dark and just ends up looking like black on TV and it bothers me how they got rid of their unique and beautiful color scheme of the late 90's. The EDGE template isn't terrible, it's actually quite unique, but it doesn't scream capitals to me. I decided to go with a reserved yet classic design for the nation's capital and maintaining the late 90's color scheme. 

Hmmm....I really like the home. Love the white yoke on it. The away is where I'm iffy. Doesn't seem the set is color balanced. I want to see more blue on that. Making the yoke blue like Crabcake said and I think that might fix it.

something doesn't look right with the caps. The white jersey looks too empty and black dominant. I love the old color scheme, but im not a fan of the striping here. I really love the logo though, it looks really good even on the pants and helmets. 

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

I can't like anything that uses that logo as a main crest.

Agree, the colour scheme is great - striping is a little busy but would probably look okay in real life.

Why, because it's good?

The only thing I don't like about his Caps set are the shoulder yoke stripes.  Adding the Stars to the Weagle was a masterstroke.

I'd prefer Columbus with white shoulders on the blue jersey just for consistency. And I think Washington looks great, but I think the shoulder striping is a bit much. Maybe it's just hard to picture without the seam lines. I think a bronze yoke would look better than white. 

qtOnrJr.png

On 02/03/2016 at 0:27 PM, Morgo said:

Why, because it's good?

No because I don't like it at all. It's an opinion. Not like I'm entirely alone on it either.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived