Vintage Style Walleye Mascot Logo

hettinger_rl

This started in the request section as a request by mattb6. I took the logo I put together for that request and tweaked a few things, this is what came of it. I'm thinking of using this as a shirt design or for my youtube channel. Tell me what you think.

SDFishWalleyewm.png.0fd9c9ff28bcc70a146a

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Couple of things: First of all, outstanding illustration!!!

Secondly, I feel the "W" on the sweater is just a little too "flat", not quite contoured enough to his chest.

Finally, What's your thinking on the colour scheme? I'm a big fan of green/blue, but the "chartreuse" for the W and the hat trim doesn't seem to "pop out" enough for me. it's almost too close to the fish's body colour.

Again: GREAT WORK!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

58 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Couple of things: First of all, outstanding illustration!!!

Secondly, I feel the "W" on the sweater is just a little too "flat", not quite contoured enough to his chest.

Finally, What's your thinking on the colour scheme? I'm a big fan of green/blue, but the "chartreuse" for the W and the hat trim doesn't seem to "pop out" enough for me. it's almost too close to the fish's body colour.

Again: GREAT WORK!!!

I bent and distorted the W on there as best as I could, I'm happy with it. The colors are based off of the SD state flag, Blue and Gold. I'm not sure where the Chartreuse comes from... I pulled the Gold from the Golden State Warriors. I have played around with Navy/Orange and Black/Orange. Thanks for the comments!

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived