NHL by CCM (Toronto Revisit)

Lycan38

Thanks everyone. Been sitting on some concepts for awhile (been trying to come up with third jersey designs).  This next team I might come to at a later date with a third.

Nashville Predators

CCM%2BNashville%2BPredators.png

Based this around an older concept I did. Got rid of the lines through the numbers (not a fan of it) and in place of those added the checker pattern to the numbering.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Preds concept is solid, and I like giving both shoulders a patch. I think the guitar strings should come back on yours. The city, despite being in the south, has no real ties to sports racing, or anything else related to a checkered flag. The fans really like the current numbering, since the city's nickname is "Music City". Also, the checkering doesn't really show up on yours

For a third, I'd like to see some kind of updated blue third.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Flip the colors of the away jersey's yoke to balance the colors a little bit more and I agree with the above comment, the checkerboard pattern has no real connection to Nashville and is hardly noticeable, solid concept otherwise.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Thanks for the feedback on Nashville. Will post an update in the near future on it.

Calgary Flames

CCM%2BCalgary%2BFlames.png

For the Flames I promoted the current third and tweaked it a little. Demoted the Calgary script to the helmet (where most wordmarks work the best). Brought the horse head logo and based the alternate design off the old horse head alternate jersey. Pant striping is a nod to the mid 90s era Flames.

On 6/12/2016 at 8:21 PM, Lycan38 said:

Thanks for the feedback on Nashville. Will post an update in the near future on it.

Calgary Flames

CCM%2BCalgary%2BFlames.png

For the Flames I promoted the current third and tweaked it a little. Demoted the Calgary script to the helmet (where most wordmarks work the best). Brought the horse head logo and based the alternate design off the old horse head alternate jersey. Pant striping is a nod to the mid 90s era Flames.

I've never really liked the horse head, but this is a pretty solid use of it. I really like the look the set gets when you promote the third!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

18 hours ago, Lycan38 said:

Thanks everyone.

Anaheim Ducks

CCM%2BAnaheim%2BDucks.png

For the Ducks I went with a design that is inspired by their current third. Alternate also is inspired by that jersey.

I think the logo on the alt would make a better primary but just a thought. otherwise awesome concept.

Love the series so far, I think you've done a great job with it.  With the Predators, I want to reiterate with the other guys said, Stick with the current numbers.  Checkerboard is more of a University of Tennessee thing.  I also feel like the yellow is a little more pale than the current gold, but that just might be me being picky. Otherwise, great concept.  I'd also love to see what kind of navy alternate you could come up with

With the Ducks, the only thing I'd change is the collar & pants stripe from orange to gold, white, or black.  I can't really put my finger on why, but the orange just looks a little off to me, especially when compared to the thin orange stripes on the rest of the jersey and socks. Maybe that's just me though.  

Again, great job with the series, can't wait to see what else you come up with.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Anaheim looks beautiful.  Nice, clean, traditional design that isn't suffocated by orange, and unnecessarily complex side panels.  Third looks pretty slick as well.  If only the real team could look this good...

Calgary looks damn-near perfect. I'd love to see them in that. Only thing I'd suggest is white numbers and name on the third kit. Anaheim looks great as well, but I hate that "D" logo, the Mighty Duck is too good to not be their main logo. 

• 2 weeks later...

All three Montreal jerseys look great, but I especially love the third jersey.  The overall design pairs nicely with the home and road, while the double stripes add something new.  My only complaint is that the sleeve stripes are thinner than the chest stripe, I'd prefer if they were the same size.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I would recommend unifying the stripe size between the chest and sleeves. Aside from that, I don't think the red sleeve tips are necessary on the road jersey, especially with it in your glove cuffs. Fantastic work.

Archived