Recommended Posts

I decided to start up a fantasy league known as the Earth Hockey League.

 

 

It starts off with four teams:

 

Washington Speedsters (US)

Victoria Foxes (CAD)

Tokyo Roses (JPN)

Mexico Reds (MEX)

 

The rosters are filled with NHLers. The rosters will be released soon.

 

Here's where they'll play:

 

Washington: Verizon Center (where the Capitals play)

Victoria: Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre (where the Royals play)

Tokyo: The Big Hat (where the ice hockey events in the 1998 Olympics were held)

Mexico: Monterrey Arena

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fonts are absolutely terrible, it looks like you drew this in MS Paint, "Speedsters" is the worst name I've ever heard for a hockey team, the Mexico team plays in Texas, and I don't think anything needs to be said about the Sonic characters. Stop. Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

The fonts are absolutely terrible, it looks like you drew this in MS Paint, "Speedsters" is the worst name I've ever heard for a hockey team, the Mexico team plays in Texas, and I don't think anything needs to be said about the Sonic characters. Stop. Please.

 

Wwwoooowww.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old are you, anyway? Ten? Seriously, learn the basics of jersey designing before you just puke something out onto the forums. Like, say, coloring inside the lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy Lethal said:

How old are you, anyway? Ten? Seriously, learn the basics of jersey designing before you just puke something out onto the forums. Like, say, coloring inside the lines.

 

15. And... Do that one more time, or you're gonna get bad luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JLNHLSEGAFAN said:

15. And... Do that one more time, or you're gonna get bad luck.

 

BXeaBxDCEAAjhcS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted these concepts on the forums already, but I got the most negative feedback. I need more positive feedback. Can anyone give any?

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to say anything until I know how old you are, and what your thoughts were with the designs.  Everybody's got to start somewhere, so I don't want to judge the obvious lacking quality here if this is one of the first times you've posted a concept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, when I saw this topic in the sidebar I thought the title would refer to something a bit more serious than "people on another site don't like my concepts".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Something's Wrong" is not the topic I'd expect for the Sonic the Hedgehog hockey/NASCAR jersey mashups. But it is likely the most apt.

 

Nice work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some positive feedback is that the ideas aren't that bad... But that's about where it ends, unfortunately. These are really rough... First off the shoulder yoke shouldn't eat into the NOB. Also the actual picture for a logo doesn't work to well... And this place is filled with sport logo and uniform enthusiasts, so you're going to get a lot of "hate" on your concept that really is constructive criticism, to help you in your concept making. Now I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just letting you know that your not going to get a pat on the back every single time you post something. You're going to have to use the criticism to make your concept better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHERE'S SHADOW????? MAKE A CHAO GARDEN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the Sega characters?  What’s your reasoning behind picking them?  Why does your Washington jersey have 87 on the back, and 26 on the sleeves?  What’s your rationale behind hearts on a Roses jersey?  Or a Reds jersey that has very little red in it?  Whatever program you’re using, take your time.  Work on one design at a time.  Pencil sketch, scan, refine.  And relax.  It’s a message board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You wanna know what's wrong? Not everyone is going to give you positive feedback. It happens. Don't take it personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Negative" comments are positive. It means someone took the time to consider your work and give you feedback to help you improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to be mean. None of us are. But honestly, if you think a team, any team, let alone a pro team filled with NHLers, is going to wear any of those, even hypothetically, saying you're mistaken would be an understatement. Best advice I have for you is to look around these boards and learn what makes a good concept good. Also, I don;t know what program you're using, but I'd suggest watching some tutorials on the tools that the program has to offer. The pencil/pen tool generally should be avoided. As should the fill bucket. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy! said:

Why the Sega characters?  What’s your reasoning behind picking them?  Why does your Washington jersey have 87 on the back, and 26 on the sleeves?  What’s your rationale behind hearts on a Roses jersey?  Or a Reds jersey that has very little red in it?  Whatever program you’re using, take your time.  Work on one design at a time.  Pencil sketch, scan, refine.  And relax.  It’s a message board.

First of all, that was my intention for the logos.

Second of all, I originally had 26 on the back.

Third of all, the hearts were also intended.

Fourth of all, the Reds preview jersey was supposed to be mainly red.

Lastly, I use a program called ibispaint for the main designs, while another program, called Phonto, is used for applying the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CS85 said:

I don't want to say anything until I know how old you are, and what your thoughts were with the designs.  Everybody's got to start somewhere, so I don't want to judge the obvious lacking quality here if this is one of the first times you've posted a concept. 

I'm 15. Plus, I've been on these boards for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, though, why does the damn Mexico team play in Texas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.