Redoing my older logos.

ZionEagle

That logo is fantastic! If you gave it a sabretooth look, it would make for an amazing Nashville Predators logo as well! 

Thank you man! Hmm. Interesting idea with the Nashville Predators. They do need an update imo.

A great update once again!

Thanks!

Any more thoughts?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Great update. But there are some things to work on:

- the shape on the right looks too steep for me. You either use an edge to break up the very long and steep line or you even think about changing the whole shape to a triangular one with the peak at the bottom. More like the Predators are doing it. Showing more of the neck. 

- the space between the dark lines in the ear area is too small. Let there be more spacing or connect some of the dark areas. 

- the white area around the eye distracts me. I think that a fine white line under the eye would be better plus a reduced white area where it is right now with more to the upper right over the eyes and less to the forehead. 

- the area around the nose looks too sharp to me on the outside with regard to the more rounded nose. That loses a bit of the tiger feel. 

- lines are a bit too sloppy in some areas. Perhaps that's also the issue with the nose. 

Colorwise I prefer the yellow one although it should be toned down a bit. 

Atbw

Daniel

• 2 months later...

I'm back with another redesign! This time it's the Lancaster Gents...or now known as the Lancaster Mad Hatters.

K4BoYju.png

This was one of my favorite old logos, however it was poorly executed.

I present the new and revamped logo.

A6GuKt3.png

-First things first, why the name change? Well, I thought this guy looked a little too intimidating to be a gentleman. Honestly, it's in the name, gentle. This guy looks like he has something devious up his sleeve.

-I tried to do a tri-colored scheme here, omitting black and gradients, which are almost always (with few exceptions.) logo making sins. Of course, then again, the double purple might be pushing it.

-I made him a little more jagged and wild to kind of give that crazy mad hatter vibe.

However I am not completely satisfied with this new logo. Something seems a little off to me, so any help or CC would be welcomed and appreciated.

The Aces are next!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

• 2 months later...

As promised, I redid my first concept logo from the board, the Aces! This is a personally favorite of mine, I really loved the concept of it.

Old logos:

PhPWhqh.png

WX8gsRC.png

They aren't terrible by any means, but they desperately needed simplification.

Presenting the new logos, starting with Mr. Ace himself.

7LhFO43.png

Okay, I did a few things here.

-I simplified lines, went for a more jagged look.

-Added some more simple shadows.

-Made his face more pronounced.

-Simplified the color scheme.

Next I tried to tackle the plane.

IKOJ0KO.png

-Again, I pretty much did the same as above, simplified and streamlined the look while cutting back on some unnecessary detail. 

-You may not see it, but there is a light green outline on the plane. The plane didn't really look great without it, but I didn't want to add the same outline to the ace.

Idk :P 

Your feedback is appreciated!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

8 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

I remember when you posted these. Cool to see your progress.

Nice work!  Gorgeous render on the big cat.

Hah, that's cool that you would remember those. Thanks man!

I plan to have a few more coming soon.

Meanwhile I did a few slight tweaks to the gents.

FGMb8vc.png

I think it looks better overall.

Which logos would you guys like to see next:

-A shark logo that I never released but redesigned anyway

-The Gauchos

-The Madison Roos (Again?!)

-Or the Armadillos.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

If you look at the very beginning of this topic, the first thing I posted was an update of my first logo attempt, the Madison Roos.

I've decided to revisit that concept again, due to the fact I wasn't completely satisfied with the first redesign.

This time I tried to give it similar colors to the original, instead of continuing with the green/gold scheme.

To give some background, here are the first two logo versions.

Qimzz5X.png

aadFDsG.png

So without further ado, here is the newest logo.

rHMyArT.png

-As you can see, I made the color scheme more like the original, keeping the base red color and darkening for the outlines etc.

-I kept the highlights uniform and flowing in the same direction.

-Improved the line width and refined shapes.

-Edited the ears and face to be more realistic.

Your thoughts are appreciated, and I'd love to know what people would like to see next :D 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived