Redux

NHL 2017-18 Jersey Concepts (15/30~) added DET, EDM, FLA, LA, MIN

Recommended Posts

This is horrifying. Truly, totally scary. I hate all of it, and not because of your talent or your ideas...but the Adidas stripes and the things done to accommodate them.

 

Just turn back the clock to 2007 and the Reebok Edge unveiiling, and how awful all of that was. Sure, some lessons seem to be learned, there's a lot more sleeve striping and shoulder yokes...but even Chicago wasn't torn apart then like they have been in your series.

 

The whole thing is unimaginable, and a horror story. Oh god, please stop, no good can ever come of this. Please use your obvious talents on something less terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hockey week said:

This is horrifying. Truly, totally scary. I hate all of it, and not because of your talent or your ideas...but the Adidas stripes and the things done to accommodate them.

 

Just turn back the clock to 2007 and the Reebok Edge unveiiling, and how awful all of that was. Sure, some lessons seem to be learned, there's a lot more sleeve striping and shoulder yokes...but even Chicago wasn't torn apart then like they have been in your series.

 

The whole thing is unimaginable, and a horror story. Oh god, please stop, no good can ever come of this. Please use your obvious talents on something less terrible.

IM CRYING LAUGHING MATE, Thanks for the compliments. I was hoping to avoid something like this, but it's the truth. I agree with you 100%. I feel it's best to finish this project and NEVER EVER touch it again (unless minor changes obviously). I don't like half assing design so getting it off my back a year early is something I'd love to rest on.

 

As much as these are not the nicest jersey designs from adidas its what I have to work with and quite frankly helps me get better ideas and concepts for future series. But thanks for the feedback truly appreciate your pure honesty, Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why well hello everyone, I'm back with the next five teams. New format, enjoy.

(OLD CONCEPTS WILL BE UPDATED)

 

DET.jpg

 

EDM.jpg 

FLA.jpg

 

LA.jpg

 

MIN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what you have here in this most recent post, but these logos are way too small IMO, especially the Panthers, Kings, and Wild. Edmonton is OK, but could be a bit bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/04/2016 at 9:52 PM, RyanB03 said:

I like what you have here in this most recent post, but these logos are way too small IMO, especially the Panthers, Kings, and Wild. Edmonton is OK, but could be a bit bigger.

Thanks for C&C, yeah, I may have made it a touch too small. I was looking at my Minnesota Wild jersey for a reference (which the logo is quite small, compared to others). cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Digging Minnesota's home, but the away is a little busy, maybe use just white/green? Also I feel like adidas would make at least three jerseys per team, not just a home and away.

Looking forward to the rest of these!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BRX said:

Digging Minnesota's home, but the away is a little busy, maybe use just white/green? Also I feel like adidas would make at least three jerseys per team, not just a home and away.

Looking forward to the rest of these!

Yeah, I was planning on alt's after all the home and aways were done. But thanks for the C&C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2016 at 7:52 PM, RyanB03 said:

I like what you have here in this most recent post, but these logos are way too small IMO, especially the Panthers, Kings, and Wild. Edmonton is OK, but could be a bit bigger.

 

Agreed. I feel like the home should follow the same format as the away for the Wild. They're really good, and I like the sublimation of the trees on the home, but I feel like the away is a lot better and more unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the statements that a few of the logos feel a bit too small, especially Wild home and Panthers. I'm glad you ditched the striping. The NHL could possibly try and push something like the stripes on them, but I would like to think the owners and league wouldn't agree to it, ESPECIALLY some of the older teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.