Glendale Griffins (Improved Griffin! 11/28/17)

ZionEagle

So I won't be able to post the full bodied griffin tonight because I'm still working it all out

Already working on one :) Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Thanks though!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really digging that last double-red color scheme. Can't wait to see the full body.

One thing I get from this concept is that it's possible to create great work with bad software--sorry, PowerPoint is great for what it's designed for, but you know what I mean--as long as you're willing to take the extra time and effort to make it work. Let this be a lesson to those who write off their inferior work as being attributed to low-level software. (Though, that said, there are still more possibilities with actual graphic software.)

rATMcmK.png

Wish Granted.

vhKQKvt.png

It's still kind of rough, I don't like something but I can't put my finger on it. I was having trouble making the body just because of the pose.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

That body logo is pretty sick, but I agree about something that doesn't look right.

Maybe a silhouette-like position?

I would also remove the outline on the neck.

The silhouette position didn't really work out for the logo, but thanks for suggesting it.

Yeah, maybe I'll remove the neck line. I was trying to make it a mane without removing aspects of the head logo.

Thanks NoE38. 

Any more feedback before I work on the logo again? (It's at the bottom of page one for those that haven't seen it.)

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Body's fine, but I think the head and body aren't fitting together perfectly for some reason. Also, what if the end of the tail was the same goldish colour as the wing? Looking really good, can't wait to see the finished product.

5 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

The head-only logo works well, and the body is well drawn, but the place where they meet looks very awkward. I would remove the highlight to help it fit together better.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. Looks like it's a lion with an eagle mask. In that the head fits more like a mask than a head. Maybe it's just the size of the head, I can really see this becoming a great logo. Well done.

On 3/9/2016 at 2:51 PM, ZionEagle said:

Wish Granted.

vhKQKvt.png

It's still kind of rough, I don't like something but I can't put my finger on it. I was having trouble making the body just because of the pose.

The wings are really low on the body. They'll look better if they start in the shoulder area. Right now they're sprouting from the middle of its spine. Its back foot in the shadows also needs to be up a little higher. Perspective wise, it needs to be standing further back than all the other feet. I also think you should move down the top of the neck. You'll have to make this one look a little different at that part than just the head, but I think that's okay. Finally, I think the wings would look better in red with gold highlights like the rest of the body.

This is a great start though! I love the pose. It's intimidating but not over the top.

I like the wings in the colour they are, personally. I agree, the anatomy of wings being that low is a bit off, but I do think the balance is better the way it is. Although accuracy would be nice.

Okay then. Thank you all so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. This logo is a personal favorite, and I happy people are willing to help me make it better. Before I reveal my edits, I'll reply to some posts here.

The head-only logo works well, and the body is well drawn, but the place where they meet looks very awkward. I would remove the highlight to help it fit together better.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. Looks like it's a lion with an eagle mask. In that the head fits more like a mask than a head. Maybe it's just the size of the head, I can really see this becoming a great logo. Well done.

First off, thank you both for the compliments. Second, I do agree and that is one of the main issues I tried to remedy with this update.

Great Job on this Zion I have always like your work!

Didn't know I had a fan... Thank you :D

The wings are really low on the body. They'll look better if they start in the shoulder area. Right now they're sprouting from the middle of its spine. Its back foot in the shadows also needs to be up a little higher. Perspective wise, it needs to be standing further back than all the other feet. I also think you should move down the top of the neck. You'll have to make this one look a little different at that part than just the head, but I think that's okay. Finally, I think the wings would look better in red with gold highlights like the rest of the body.

This is a great start though! I love the pose. It's intimidating but not over the top.

Lauren, thanks for taking the time to reply. I moved the wings up, and raised the back foot. I also tried to move down the neck a bit as well. However I kept the wing colors the same, it looks better that way. Personal preference really.

I like the wings in the colour they are, personally. I agree, the anatomy of wings being that low is a bit off, but I do think the balance is better the way it is. Although accuracy would be nice.

Agreed.

Now for the new logo.

Old:

yoTvF8K.png

New:

0XXScSv.png

(I also did the yellow tail just for a try, I have it brown though too.)

Comments?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

6 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

@NoE38 Thanks. Glad you like it.

@Whittier S I had moved the wings up a bit. You think they still need to go up higher?

Any more criticism so I can decide what needs to be reworked?

I guess I picture the wings coming more out of the shoulders than the middle of the back. Of course, griffins don't exist so you get some artistic license.

rATMcmK.png

Archived