Hockey Goal Songs

nash61

I've long been fascinated by hockey goal songs and the reasoning behind them. Some can be very good, some can be very bad (Buffalo), and some just try to stay hip (like that time the Leafs used the Harlem Shake) What are some of your favourites? Doesn't have to be NHL, perhaps some underrated teams/songs find their way in here.

My hometown junior teams use these as their goal songs:

I've never heard either of them used by a major team, but both are decent as goal songs, and aren't overused like many are.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Caps use the end of the song "The Wicker Man" by Iron Maiden. The part used by the Caps begins at 3:48 of the song. The other parts of the song are a little too heavy rock for me, but I absolutely love the end of the song and it's great for firing up the fans. I got to hear the goal song seven times when I went to a game in January!

spacer.png

May be interesting for some wrestling fans, for the Calgary Hitmen's 20th anniversary last year they used Bret Hart's theme as the goal song. For those who don't know, he's from Calgary, was part of the original ownership group and the team is named after him.

It was a nice nod to the history of the the franchise, but for some reason they have since gone back to Howling for You, very overused, which they used two seasons ago. 

IEI5Tg1.png

20 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

May be interesting for some wrestling fans, for the Calgary Hitmen's 20th anniversary last year they used Bret Hart's theme as the goal song. For those who don't know, he's from Calgary, was part of the original ownership group and the team is named after him.

It was a nice nod to the history of the the franchise, but for some reason they have since gone back to Howling for You, very overused, which they used two seasons ago. 

That is the ONLY freakin' goal song that franchise should ever use.  Howlin' For You is quite simply a horrible song, much less in the context of a goal song.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

56 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

The Buffalo Sabres started using "Let Me Clear My Throat" by DJ Kool this season, and I will fight you if you don't think it is awesome.

It's one of my favorites, along with the Blue Jackets... Calgary and Chicago aren't bad, but I wish I never have to hear Chicago's again :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 3/8/2016 at 5:22 PM, Shumway said:

That song combined with Rick Jeanneret is an awesomeness overload.

"TOP SHELF! WHERE MAMA HIDES THE COOKIES!!!!" 

The Sharks also just started voting for a new goal song. 

• Ain't Talking About Love- Van Halen
  • Dup Dup- Mickie Krause
  • Jump Around- House of Pain
  • Kickstart My Heart- Motley Crue
  • Sharks Remix- LMFAO 
  • Shout- Isley Brothers 

Honestly the best ones are Kickstart and Shout... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 hours ago, JQK said:

Devils went to Jersey natives Gaslight Anthem and Howl.

Best one since they dumped R&R part II

It's why I want the Devils to score at least twice whenever I watch a game. Love me some TGA.

The team I work for, we use "Chelsea Dagger" as well. 

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

16 hours ago, JQK said:

Devils went to Jersey natives Gaslight Anthem and Howl.

Best one since they dumped R&R part II

AWESOME. That's one of my favourite songs by my favourite band.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I used to joke and say the cannucks should use the chorus of "Riot" by Three Days Grace..... but the more I think about it, it would be a good goal song.

That one..... "Welcome to the Jungle" for the Wild & "Thunderstruck" for the Bolts.

And I miss "Boys of Winter" :(

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived