New Pennsylvania tourism branding

BroadSt_Bully

with the identity, they lost what made PA unique, replaced it with a generic, although very nicely done, script, then kept the silly smiling text.

the ad looks like you might expect - like it was done by a mediocre ad agency. its got quick cuts, stock footage, peppy music, big type and says a lot if stuff about PA that i could find in nearly any other state. am i teally supossed to want to go there for nightlife? for rock climbing? for snowboarding? that states not competing to be the #1 in any of this and the ad leaves us with nothing special or interesting. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It's reminiscent of the Instagram script and I don't think that's an accident. 

Screen-Shot-2013-05-02-at-2.27.45-PM-730

Now that I look at them they're not as close as I thought, but they evoke the same thoughts and emotions. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I feel like they got sick of people misspelling it Pennslyvania, so they over-accented the location of the Y.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 3/14/2016 at 2:45 PM, pianoknight said:

I feel like they got sick of people misspelling it Pennslyvania, so they over-accented the location of the Y.

I believe the tail of the "Y" makes the smile of the face formed by the "Y" "L" and "V" (if it helps you see it, the "L" is the nose and the other two are the eyes.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2016 at 3:34 PM, BroadSt_Bully said:

I think they're a bit of confusion in this thread.  The keystone in the original post is part of the new branding.

This was the old branding:

foot_logo.gif

Broad St. - Thank you for posting old branding.

Anytime someone posts something new, especially if it's not a sports or corporate logo we might be familiar with it's easier to give an opinion if basing it on the old one.

Having said that. The new one is better, but the bar wasn't set very high with the previous.

Archived