Is this the worst specialty jersey ever?

hockey week

Essentially, this did exactly what they wanted them to do. They're talking about a team that was mired at the bottom of their division just a few weeks ago (still would take a miracle in the final 10 games to overcome a 16-point deficit to make the playoffs).

So, throw out a crazy jersey, and suddenly people are talking about you. Which is good for a junior league team living off the history of their professional IHL and eventually their other minor league teams in town.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, uniformity said:

Your posts rarely make sense.

If the team has a black player on the team, then he'd be wearing a uniform that is supposed to look like a white guy in a tank top, hence the racist sweaters... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

If the team has a black player on the team, then he'd be wearing a uniform that is supposed to look like a white guy in a tank top, hence the racist sweaters... 

Yeah.  I really didn't think that would be hard to understand.

2 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

That's not really "racist".

it's stupid, embarrassing,insensitive, but not racist. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

"How would that jersey work if the team had a black player?" is the least of that uniform's problems.

The fact that a team makes a sweater based on ONE ethnic skin color is bad.  Just because it is white doesn't make it ok.  

Apply the same situations to other sports, basketball, soccer, etc., where other races are the majority and see if the same theory applies.  

Just now, CreamSoda said:

The fact that a team makes a sweater based on ONE ethnic skin color is bad.  Just because it is white doesn't make it ok.  

Apply the same situations to other sports and see if the same theory applies.  Basketball, soccer, etc.   

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that this uniform is garbage. Say they had appropriate variants for black players. The uniform would still be garbage. 

It's like the Gods of Egypt movie. Was the whitewashed cast a problem? Yes. Was it the movie's biggest flaw? No. That script would be just as terrible with ethnically appropriate casting. 

On 2016-03-14 at 1:26 PM, CreamSoda said:

Apply the same situations to other sports, basketball, soccer, etc., where other races are the majority and see if the same theory applies.  

its still not racist.

On March 14, 2016 at 2:26 PM, CreamSoda said:

No it's not.  The fact the uniform features a skin colour, to begin with, makes it bad.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2016 at 0:52 AM, hockey week said:

I think there has been a lot of push, thanks to shells replacing pants for most teams, because pants are expensive and doing one-offs would be very costly, but with shells, it's as easy as a pair of socks.

Braehead Clan, in Scotland, did this with a kilt effect

4512711.jpg?type=article-full Braehead-Clan-full-jersey.jpg

and I think the Deutsches Eishockey Liga in Germany started the trend in Munich:

oktoberfestjerseys.jpg

and then other teams followed suit:

gepa_full_5149_gepa-22091347110.jpg munichgermany21sep14-ice-hockey-del-deut 

To be totally realistic, shouldn't the kilt one have been, um, anatomically correct?

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

To be totally realistic, shouldn't the kilt one have been, um, anatomically correct?

Ugh....each time the goalie is forced to make a save :wacko: 

And what about doing the splits ?! No thank you !

Only time you will be cheering is when the team pull their goaltender

On 3/14/2016 at 4:26 PM, CreamSoda said:

Let the record show that every player on the roster, um, matched.

The uni was purposefully ridiculous and funny. Not even mad.

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

What the hell is that?  Is it supposed to read "MOJO"?

yes, MOJO

its a mens softball league thing. I googled it last night when I googled pics for the rams uniform thread or something.

I almost started a thread about the softball uniforms that this picture came from.

2 minutes ago, 1937redskins said:

yes, MOJO

its a mens softball league thing. I googled it last night when I googled pics for the rams uniform thread or something.

I almost started a thread about the softball uniforms that this picture came from.

You should have gone ahead and done that. I'm sure there are some doozies.

I played church softball for a few years in my teens and our shirts were teal. There was no rule about everyone having the same color pants.

Archived