ICC World T20 2016 Thread

michael73

ICC World T20 2016 in being played in India in which 16 nations are participating. This is the sixth edition of championship which is previously won by India, Pakistan, England, Sri Lanka and West Indies. Hosts India, South Africa, England and Australia are favorites to win.

What are your thoughts on this, who will win T20 cricket world cup 2016? Remember final match will be played on 3 April. Willow TV is broadcasting live world t20 2016 games in USA region.

My predictions are with India. Any cricket fan wants to make a call on this?

1 hour ago, michael73 said:

My predictions are with India. Any cricket fan wants to make a call on this?

Boringly, I have to agree with India being favourites. They are the host nation and also the highest ranking team in the world.

I also agree that South Africa and Australia have a real chance. I would say New Zealand have a greater chance than England though. It's a format of the game that England are lightyears behind other nations in and the squad selection leaves a lot to be desired. 

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I was looking up the results and can someone please explain to me how the Netherlands were eliminated even though they only played one game and then had another one cancelled due to rain. 

It seems really unfair that a team can be eliminated in the group stage after only playing one game. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

8 hours ago, Nyk33 said:

I was looking up the results and can someone please explain to me how the Netherlands were eliminated even though they only played one game and then had another one cancelled due to rain. 

It seems really unfair that a team can be eliminated in the group stage after only playing one game. 

Cricket is always at mercy to the weather. It's just accepted. Ties/draws are a part of the game and there's no other way to settle matches that get called off due to bad weather. 

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived