Team USA Soccer

mth_05

I don't post very often, and actually have never done anything soccer related, but when I saw the new logo and leaked jersey I just couldn't help myself. I think it's a step in the right direction, but I wanted to try something a little different. So without further ado, here's what I could come up with. Just as a side note, the change kits could be worn as solid colors and the alt set would be used as a warm up or a special occasion/rivalry type match. C&C is welcome!

iGi0DK9.jpg

The blue seems a bit off, though it might just be me. The home's rather clever. And well, I think the Alt would look better as a white combo with a red sash.

...Totally forgot I had an account.

I don't know why the blue seems off, granted it is a little dark I tried to go for a shade maybe slightly darker than a standard Navy. I knew the black would be questioned, but I was thinking that with nike at the helm, there would always be the possibility of something like this and I tried to negate the BFBS look to make it something cool and avoid the neon colors (honestly was thinking you could use it with the "black shirts" moniker that some football teams use with a stout and stingy defense..maybe it's too much of a stretch). I also know the home set is a little out there but I love the classic stripes and just wanted to modernize it a bit and pay a little homage to the new crest that I created. 

I like the jersey designs. Especially the blue with the red sash. The only things I would say is that stars on a crest represent championships. Since the USA has none that's why they took them off for the new crest design. It also feels off by not having 7 red and 6 white stripes. Cool ideas though!

11 hours ago, THOL3N said:

I like the jersey designs. Especially the blue with the red sash. The only things I would say is that stars on a crest represent championships. Since the USA has none that's why they took them off for the new crest design. It also feels off by not having 7 red and 6 white stripes. Cool ideas though!

Stars are part of the US flag and so I'm fine with them being present WITHIN the crest. Now if they are placed outside the crest I can see an issue with the 5 stars.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived