Hello everyone.

With the NIHA pretty much in the toilet, I want to start something new.

Its called FIHO, or Fédération Internationale de Hockey.

If you guessed that it was a fictional governing body for hockey, you are correct.

It will feature teams, confederations, a World Cup-esque tournament, jersey concepts, and even fictional players.

First I'll talk about the organization of the federation.

Like FIBA, the continents are divided into five zones: the Americas, Africa, Europe, Asia, and Oceania.

The countries are further divided into subzones, where the teams will play in order to qualify for the yearly confederation tournaments. (More on that when I talk about the big tournament.)

As for what teams are in what zone, it's roughly based on continent. For example, because Mexico is clearly part of North America, it is in the Americas zone. But, for a team like Russia, which spans two continents, it will be in Europe because most of its largest cities are in European Russia.

Full member lists and logos for the confederations will be up later, but for now, that's all Im saying.

Hope you all like the new topic!

-dallasstar03

Okay, I forgot to mention that I would be on vacation, so now that I have blissful Internet, here are the teams and confederations.

Americas:

Canada

USA

Mexico

Brazil

Argentina

Cuba

Bahamas

Haiti

Dominican Republic

Guatemala

Belize

Honduras

El Salvador

Nicaragua

Costa Rica

Panama

Columbia

Bolivia

Paraguay

Uruguay

Chile

Venezuela 

Ecuador

Peru

Guyana

Suriname

Africa:

South Africa

Algeria

Ethiopia

Morocco

Egypt

Tunisia

Libya

Mauritania

Mali

Senegal

Niger

Chad

Sudan

South Sudan

Eritrea

Somalia

Kenya

Tanzania

Uganda

Zambia

Mozambique

Madagascar

Zimbabwe

Botswana

Namibia

Angola

DR Congo

Congo

Cameroon

Gabon

Cen. African Rep.

Nigeria

Benin

Togo

Ghana

Burkina Faso

Ivory Coast

Liberia

Guinea

Sierra Leone

Europe:

Portugal

Spain

France

Italy

Switzerland

Austria

United Kingdom

Ireland

Netherlands

Germany

Belgium

Czech Republic

Slovakia

Poland

Denmark

Hungary

Croatia

Bosnia and Herze.

Serbia

Slovenia

Albania

Greece

Bulgaria

Macedonia

Turkey

Romania

Moldova

Ukraine

Belarus

Latvia

Lithuania

Estonia

Finland

Sweden

Norway

Iceland

Russia

Asia: 

Kazakhstan

Mongolia

China

North Korea

South Korea

Japan

Taiwan/Chinese Taipei

Philippines

Uzbekistan

Kyrgyzstan

Tajikstan

Turkmenistan

Azerbaijan

Georgia

Armenia

Iran

Iraq

Syria

Jordan

Israel

Saudi Arabia

Qatar

United Arab Emirates

Yemen 

Oman

Afghanistan

Pakistan

India

Nepal

Bangladesh

Bhutan

Myanmar

Laos

Vietnam

Cambodia

Thailand

Sri Lanka

Malaysia

Indonesia

East Timor

Oceania:

Austrailia

New Zealand

Papua New Guinea

Vanuatu

Micronesia

Solomon Islands

Fiji

That's a LOT of teams for sure.

You may notice that I didn't include most island countries (I was somewhat forced into using some for Oceania) or small nations. For example, half of the Caribbean nations aren't members. 

I hope to upload the second part of this tomorrow, but I might not be able to. Expect it on Thursday at the latest.

See you then!

-dallasstar03

You know what would be even better? Opening the thread with some designs!

Your backstories are good, but this whole forum is dedicate to design and sports logos and uniforms. Only text and stories aren't going to cut it here.

I like you, kid. You got potential. But these logos are really rushed. I get the idea, but try to clean it up. Make the lines a little smoother. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

1 minute ago, dallasstar03 said:

Any tips?

I would slow down. If you rush things, silly mistakes appear. The fact that some corners of the Canadian Hockey logo are not filled in comes to mind. Look at the USA logo. I can see exactly where your hand moved while making the blue outline, and where you deleted some of it. The logo for FIHO itself has points where the lines get bumpy because you used your hand instead of a tool that can help make it look good. 

The ideas are great, and I like the concept of the logos, but the execution of them isn't great. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

23 hours ago, dallasstar03 said:

Designs eh?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Instead of posting a rather snarky comment, you can slow down and work a bit more on these. They're very sloppy and you clearly the pencil tool, which you should never use. Please slow down on these, because these are very clearly rushed.

u3J7jjd.png

Okay, so I'm a little late, but I am getting this done:

The individual confederation tournaments.

They are held every year that a championship isn't. Because a championship is held every third year, it occurs on a one-two

basis. For example, a tournament will be held in 2016. So that means the previous championships were held in 2013, 2010, 2007, and so on. Under this system, confederation tournaments will be held in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and so on.

Unlike the championship, which is held in cities throughout a country, the confederation tournaments are held in a single city.

Qualification for each tournament is determined by a multi-segment season of sorts. Each confederation is further divided into zones, which are the rough places in which teams will play each other. The standings for each season segment are compiled into overall standings, and the top 12 teams qualify. The top 4 teams get a first-round bye. The 5th-12th place teams are seeded     accordingly: 1st vs. 8th, 2nd vs. 7th, 3rd vs. 6th, and 4th vs. 5th. 

In the second round, the teams are reseeded 1-8, and the process is pretty much the same as the NHL and NBA playoffs.

By the way, most of what is mentioned above is different for teams in Oceania, and the differences are explained below:

-There are no zones. All seven teams are effectively part of one zone.

-Only 6 teams make the tournaments. The seventh-place team is the only one that does not qualify.

-The top 2 teams get a first round bye.

-The teams are only seeded 1-4.

Expect the championship details tomorrow or Saturday, but most likely Saturday. I will also unveil the cleaned-up logos, as well as the jersey I teased before. (The red one.)

Before I close, I want to apologize for making the "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" part of that post. I was attempting to make a small joke, but I suppose it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I am sorry.

See you all soon.

-dallasstar03

Archived