Boston Celtics overhauled primary logo

Go Red Sox!

Just a very small project:

If the Celtics were actually simplifying their current primary mark, this is how I would overhaul the whole thing.

Celtics primary logo.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I wish I had something that negative to say about this logo. Sadly, I can't think of anything. The gold trim doesn't look too forced, the wordmark looks beautiful as always, and I truly love how you made the roundel not look stupid and necessary. The presentation is what gets me. It doesn't look overly complicated, the logo looks nice, and the lack of words or explanation for a pretty straightforward logo is always a blessing nowadays. 10/10

33 minutes ago, worcat said:

Not really liking the silhouette. For all I know that's bugs bunny with a hat on or the planters peanut guy

Yeah. Except that we all know it isn't. Everyone recognizes the cane and the stance and the spinning basketball. I see your point, but a silhouette of a logo of this stature, it's easily recognizable.

Good work, Red Sox!

13 hours ago, worcat said:

Not really liking the silhouette. For all I know that's bugs bunny with a hat on or the planters peanut guy

adco2-articleInline-v2.jpg

I didn't create that silhouette. It's the latest alternate logo that the Boston Celtics creative department has designed in 2014. I agree with @timberwolf that this logo is very easily recognizable due to the aforementioned reasons. I find their current primary mark still one of the finest ever for various reasons, but it doesn't need to be that colorful and overly detailed. That's why I decided to use that green silhouette as the centerpiece of the roundel. Even people who have never seen the detailed version of the logo can easily figure out what's going on there, while basketball fans – fans or haters of the Celtics – know Lucky, the Leprechaun, even if it's only his silhouette.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived