C-Squared

(3/16) Logo: Military-Themed Redskins Rebrand

*Update added 3/16, still in progress*

I don't think the Skins will go in this direction (nor should they necessarily), but I wanted to try something different from most Washington rebrand concepts. I wanted to create something military-themed with a few nods to the franchise lineage. I like the name "DC Soldiers," but "Washington Warriors" would probably work, too... this is a first draft & I do want to make this logo a bit less Archer-ish (especially the eyes), so any feedback would be great!

preview.jpgpreview2.jpg.eb30cf4e6aa04f61d1e13225a2b

Overall this looks nice, but maybe put in some more details to make him less, stock image-esque (?). Also, the helmet kinda looks like a fisherman's hat mixed with a beanie and something is just off about the eyes. Maybe little details will help make it look better.

5 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

Overall this looks nice, but maybe put in some more details to make him less, stock image-esque (?). Also, the helmet kinda looks like a fisherman's hat mixed with a beanie and something is just off about the eyes. Maybe little details will help make it look better.

Agree. It's a good logo,but the helmet does look like a beanie hat. Maybe put some writing on the dog tags, like the team name? Looking forward to an update!!

Thanks for the feedback! I attached an update with some details to give the hat more of a contemporary military feel and some extra details throughout... still looking to tweak the eyes and detail the tags, just sorting out where I want to go with them... again, I appreciate the feedback:

preview2.jpg

A tad better, although something about the helmet irks me a little.

It looks a bit too cartoonish for an NFL logo....almost like a stock image. If this was what you were going for, that's fine, but I'd make the eyes more aggressive personally. 

Maybe you could do this in the Redskins colors just to see what it would look like? This is a good start, it just needs some tweaking :)

The helmet, to me, now looks like a bonnet with the stripe added. Good update, but my suggestion is still to work on the helmet. 

It's the bottom of the helmet.  It's too round. Makes it look like a bonnet or a hat.  

What does this look like if you just completely mimic the current side-profile Redskins logo, but with a soldier?