Mockup Arena is LIVE!

drdougfresh

58 minutes ago, drdougfresh said:

Thanks for the kind words, gents!

To answer a few questions:

Templates: if you have them and own them, send me our way. There's a submit button on the menu that makes this easy. 

Tutorials: probably a mixture of template making and template utilization. Things like creating a vector template off a photo, or setting a logo on a helmet so that it looks like a vinyl sticker (with the clear border, etc.)

Tutorials might take a bit, as I've got a lot on the freelance plate right now. But I will definitely post here as they come up!

That's great! I've been using paint.net and gimp for the past year but I've wanted go get into the better vector stuff. Looking forward to it

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

This looks like it'll be a great project! My only nitpick is that there aren't many realistic hockey templates, like there are football templates.

Source image availability is definitely a factor here. Nike, adidas, and UA promote the hell out of their new uniforms with creative photoshoots. Not the same with hockey, baseball, or basketball, really. 

2 hours ago, drdougfresh said:

Source image availability is definitely a factor here. Nike, adidas, and UA promote the hell out of their new uniforms with creative photoshoots. Not the same with hockey, baseball, or basketball, really. 

Stuff like this:

0923-wsh15wc-full.jpgTavares_SSjersey_960x540.jpgcut.jpg

14 hours ago, drdougfresh said:

Thanks for the kind words, gents!

To answer a few questions:

Templates: if you have them and own them, send me our way. There's a submit button on the menu that makes this easy. 

Tutorials: probably a mixture of template making and template utilization. Things like creating a vector template off a photo, or setting a logo on a helmet so that it looks like a vinyl sticker (with the clear border, etc.)

Tutorials might take a bit, as I've got a lot on the freelance plate right now. But I will definitely post here as they come up!

Seeing as the tutorials could be more related to utilization of a template, I would put in a vote for at least one how-to for making a photorealistic template (video, bulleted list, whatever). I truly appreciate derschwigg's soccer template (he released it here about a year ago), but I've been trying to learn from it and make a good version for other brands. That said, presumably, there are little things/tips/tricks in the creation process I am missing that make my attempts look subpar.

Lest you think I'm taking this inch and going a mile, I, too, would be happy to donate to the cause. Or, I am in Colorado, so I could get my hands on, um, other items, if that would be preferred.  :suspect:

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

2 hours ago, jayjackson3 said:

I appreciate you using my baseball template on the site and all this does is make me want to create something better for the community to use. The site looks great!

It's one of the best, happy to feature it! :)

2 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Is it ok if I email you Dr.Doug. I may have some items you can work with as well

Sure thing, just send links through the form on the site.

Quick question: any plans to release the other cleats not included in the files? For example; the Nike Template put together by Scotty (showing the UCC Tridents!) has some cleats that weren't included. Glad to see this all put together for the program!

44 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

Quick question: any plans to release the other cleats not included in the files? For example; the Nike Template put together by Scotty (showing the UCC Tridents!) has some cleats that weren't included. Glad to see this all put together for the program!

Best guess would be they're on another Nike file. There's not another place the cleats are housed, I believe we just mixed/matched by team for the guide. 

14 hours ago, derschwigg said:

This one led me here... which, YAASSS: http://news.nike.com/news/baseball-vapor-elite-uniform (adding to my to do list). Good lookin' out.

For everyone's reference, in my humble opinion, the best photorealistic source images are typically larger than 2MB. Some of Nike's football images, for example, are over 10MB. Larger photos = more room for close up manipulation and molding it into a template, which results in a better looking final product.

Archived