Vancouver Amazons Concept (1921 Womens Hockey Team)

Sportsworth

This is a logo I created to brand the Vancouver Amazons en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouve…... (Their original logo is on their sweaters in the pictures) While the Amazons weren't the first women's ice hockey team to ever exist they were the first ever women's team out of Vancouver to compete in any type of cup in a tournament. Established in 1921... In 1922 they would go on to win the Alpine Club Cup. This is my first in a line of 1800's to early 1900's of women's hockey logos I will be creating and posting. These women are some of the forgotten pioneers of the sport of Hockey and should be remembered and honored. For more info on the women's teams of the late 1800's and early 1900's you should check out "Hockey, A People's History" documentary which tells the story of the beginning of Hockey in the 1800's (both men and women's hockey) all the way up to current hockey. I recommend any fan checks it out. I own it on dvd but the entire series is posted on Youtube in parts so you can watch the whole thing.

Vancouver Amazons Concept.png

Archived