New England Revolution Logo & Stadium Concept (Final Widett Circle Update)

XenonDesigns

Revolution Rebrand  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Malssid said:

@XenonDesigns Can I see the rendering for "The Fort" stand or the Home supporters stand? I am curious what you have in mind! :) Also, you should definitely send this to "Populous" http://populous.com/ . I really want to see a official design soon :( Kraft is so stupid

Yea! I'll see what I can do because I've been busy so I haven't been able to finish the render.

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Malssid said:

ok cool! Also do you think the seats should be red or navy blue?

I was thinking making them bleachers kinda like sporting kc's supporters section.

DSC_0013_t960.jpeg.4e8d1216d91af19f54268

They're bleachers have backs too so I'd assume those would most likely just be red or grey. As of last night I was having some trouble with the corners but I might be able to finish by tonight. 

30 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

I was thinking making them bleachers kinda like sporting kc's supporters section.

DSC_0013_t960.jpeg.4e8d1216d91af19f54268

They're bleachers have backs too so I'd assume those would most likely just be red or grey. As of last night I was having some trouble with the corners but I might be able to finish by tonight. 

hmm.. im not a huge fan of bleachers. I kinda just like seats all around.

5 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

It just seems more likely that they're gonna be standing for most of the game.

actually!! Have you seen Orlando's new stadium? They're gonna have these wonderful terraces with safe standing. I would LOVE to see that. that is what a lot of German teams are doing to make it safe and let people stand the whole game. 

Terraces_zps1eppqw4k.PNG

Just now, Malssid said:

actually!! Have you seen Orlando's new stadium? They're gonna have these wonderful terraces with safe standing. I would LOVE to see that. that is what a lot of German teams are doing to make it safe and let people stand the whole game. 

Terraces_zps1eppqw4k.PNG

Oh yea! I always go on that 3d viewer and I really like that style. I guess I can try something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Stadium

I was originally using Maya to model the stadium but I got frustrated with it so I resorted to using sketchup and simplifying it. I also extended the top balcony all the way around because it felt too small. Also, sorry about bad images, I have never rendered anything in sketchup nor do I understand how to so I just took screenshots.

View from the supporters section

57007d8569ee6_ScreenShot2016-04-02at10.1

View from the corner

57007d8e15bc2_ScreenShot2016-04-02at10.1

Overhead

57007d95b74ea_ScreenShot2016-04-02at10.1

57007d9762cb5_ScreenShot2016-04-02at10.1

Logo is fantastic. The whole exercice is graphically awesome.

The problem for me is it doesnt fit the name "Revolution". We all understand its historical roots to independance, Boston etc..

I mean, lots of respect for your talent. IMHO, we are too far away from the USA flag colors.

Sorry, I like to say what I think, not make cute comments for making cute comments.

2 hours ago, bleuet said:

Logo is fantastic. The whole exercice is graphically awesome.

The problem for me is it doesnt fit the name "Revolution". We all understand its historical roots to independance, Boston etc..

I mean, lots of respect for your talent. IMHO, we are too far away from the USA flag colors.

Sorry, I like to say what I think, not make cute comments for making cute comments.

Thank you! I really wanted to include the tree from the flag of New England and I was attempting to include the revolution somehow but the colors didn't really go together. So I guess since the flag was used during the battle of bunker hill and isn't prevalent today..at all..it still has some sort of connection to the rebellion.

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/supporters/the-flag-of-new-england

• 3 weeks later...

@XenonDesigns I like the stadium design! I wish our colors shifted to the red, green, and white which are our actual FLAG colors. One thing for the stadium, I hope the overhang actually covers at most half of the sections. It would REALLY keep the sound in and the atmosphere will be awesome. 

• 1 month later...

This is a small update of what I've been working on recently concerning the stadium! 

This would be the absolute-best possible scenario for a new revolution stadium in widett circle. It could create a new center of tourism and commerce in south Boston with the stadium as the focus. Along with the new T station, this location would create an ideal atmosphere on gameday and any other day as well. The stadium's close proximity to downtown Boston, urban apartments, public transport and the freeway would pull in fans from the city while still catering to fans in the suburbs. 

labeled.png

Closer look at the renders

VIZ_0005.png

Take into note the tall building was changed as this render is older. 

Texturing has been hard but I'll see what I can do.

Here's a map of what I'd hope they'd be able to create. Please take into consideration I'm not from South Boston nor do I know much about the area so this map is basically imagination. 

eife.png

This isn't labeled but, 

Black is buildings

Green is a new training ground

The stadium is the stadium

The rest is from google maps

Archived