2016 March Madness Courts

loneranger158

It's funny to me that they say "First Round" on the left side, since 1) I thought this was now called the second round and 2) two rounds of games are being played on each floor (I doubt they'll say "Second Round" on Saturday and Sunday but perhaps I am wrong).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

It's funny to me that they say "First Round" on the left side, since 1) I thought this was now called the second round and 2) two rounds of games are being played on each floor (I doubt they'll say "Second Round" on Saturday and Sunday but perhaps I am wrong).

They're decals, not paint, so they will say "Second Round" on them come this weekend.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

They announced before the tournament that they were going back to calling the round of 64 the first round, and yes, those are decals that will be swapped out for the weekend.

I hated the era of standardized floors. Glad they're using different courts for the different locations, but I'll miss the days when the host school or city used their own floor. 

The design is pretty good, but I'm not a fan of the super light stain in the paint. With so much going on on the out of bounds I would've left it blank. I am a fan of the center court logo. Way better than using the giant gradiented NCAA decal logo at center court on the boring black and blue courts. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Question.  Has decal technology improved to where they are not a slipping hazard.  

I flipped to the women's tourney for a few minutes and noticed the NCAA decals on the regular floors.  Also, the first round/second round decal is on the baseline in the men's tournament.  

Additionally, I see stuff like this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd7xQ3pWwAMBO77.jpg

Surely the Missouri State High School Activities Association wouldn't put a giant sticker on center court at Mizzou Arena if it was a slipping hazard. (Actually, it wouldn't surprise me since they're not the most competent bunch.  For example, they managed not to get the state football championships on TV last year.) 

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The only thing left for me is if they'd use 5 different colour schemes - East, South, Midwest, West, & Final Four.  

Nothing over the top mind you, simply unique colours/shades to give a sense of context.  We, & the broadcasters alike, keep flipping channels & games, it'd be a bonus if we could instantly recognize which game meant what for where.
The Final Four unique for obvious reasons, so as not to lazily clash with earlier rounds.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

19 hours ago, DaytonBlue said:

Question.  Has decal technology improved to where they are not a slipping hazard.  

I flipped to the women's tourney for a few minutes and noticed the NCAA decals on the regular floors.  Also, the first round/second round decal is on the baseline in the men's tournament.  

Additionally, I see stuff like this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd7xQ3pWwAMBO77.jpg

Surely the Missouri State High School Activities Association wouldn't put a giant sticker on center court at Mizzou Arena if it was a slipping hazard. (Actually, it wouldn't surprise me since they're not the most competent bunch.  For example, they managed not to get the state football championships on TV last year.) 

I'm sure there's still an issue. The downside for the ladies is that it's more cost effective to play the first two rounds on campus than in a major arena. I'm sure most high school associations would have their own court if it were available. I'm not sure too many would do what Missouri did though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, meetthemets said:

This. This is what the NFL needs to look at and realize that you can have a semi standardized brand, yet have it be unique at the same time. (looking at you Super Bowl logos). 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, meetthemets said:

Wow. I love the thought put into the banner configuration. It's so simple, but so smart!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I loved what i saw when they first unveiled the championship banners like the Final 4, Frozen 4 and Stagg Bowl. The other graphics and unique font are very nice as well. All around, this is a fantastic system. There's the perfect blend of uniformity and creativity between the events.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived