Hockey Fixups - Bonus Oilers concept

timberwolf

If you couldn't figure out by the title, this is my own little fix-it Friday series. I won't necessarily be posting them on Friday, but you get the idea. 

I'll be focussing on tweaking or overhauling ANY semi/minor pro hockey team in North America. I will not be doing NHL. I'll be taking requests, but kindly leave C + C if you drop by.

Template by Chris Smith (Icethetics) and edit inspired by @TRoyConcepts (check out his NHL series, I'm liking quite a bit).

REQUEST LIST

I will try to get to these when I can, but if it takes awhile, it's nothing personal.

Bemidji State

Wichita Thunder

Colorado Eagles

Rocky Mtn. Rage

Denver Cutthroats

Dayton Gems

Team 1 - Tulsa Oilers

I used an old 1935 hockey jersey from Tulsa to create the design, along with the classic colours and a modernization of the current look. The team has always flirted with Ranger clones, Oiler clones, and some hybrids, and I wanted to unify the look.

The logo is the Oilers wordmark (it's a concept, don't fuss) over the primary look. I'm not sure about it. Let me know.

image.thumb.png.c47e129055a75668dffe5301

Comments wanted!

I feel like I shouldn't like Tulsa, but I do. Not a huge fan of the logo though. It would look better with just the head as the logo

Fresno is nice. Only complaint I can make is that the NOB is quite small.

Good job all-round.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I feel like I shouldn't like Tulsa, but I do. Not a huge fan of the logo though. It would look better with just the head as the logo

Fresno is nice. Only complaint I can make is that the NOB is quite small.

Good job all-round.

Thank you. I feel the same way about Tulsa, the logo needs a change. I'll adjust the NOB as well for Fresno. I must say, I really like this template.

Alright here's a bonus concept for you guys.

TEAM FINLAND

I love their WC jerseys but they could've been better. I love the red/gold contrast on the blue/white jersey. I feel like this might be too much. Let me know.

image.thumb.png.e6ff0181fa8a0b7568a5a4e7

53 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

Love the other ones, but not sure about the red and yellow for Finland, If you have time I would love to see the Johnstown Tomahawks.

Sorry about this quote, hit it accidentally, how do I delete it?

Ill try the Tomahawks for sure.

For me, I double click on the quote until an edit thing comes up and then a delete sign will appear. It might be different for different devices though.

Hamilton Bulldogs

This is one you've probably seen before. It's been on HJC. I've never posted it for C and C on here before. I did this for the Bulldogs redesign contest which ended with Penguin copies.

I updated it with the critics advice and onto a new template. Let me know!

image.thumb.png.456c6f0af9ecef61bbf559b0

I feel like if you were able to fix the Oilers (BOOOO!!!) you could fix the Wichita Thunder. I mean, I feel like there is missed potential with their currents.

Other than that, great series.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

Archived