Everybody gets a third jersey! (NHL '90s redesign)

BRX

Hey all, BRX here.

It's been quite some time since I last made a concept but I'm giving it another go.

This time I'm going to be designing a "90's third" for the NHL teams not included in the third jersey program of the 1995-96 season. I'm going in alphabetical order so up first is the Sabres and next will be the Flames.

Q10AVqC.png

Please leave some feedback!

Woah, that is very 90's-esque. I feel like it perfectly suits the 90's, but there's just a few things. First, the back and arms seem really empty and blank, and also if the jersey was implemented when the rest of them were, the Sabres wouldn't have used those swords. They probably would have used the ones within the logo. These came in from the 'Goathead' logo.

Regardless, I'm excited for the project, and I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

MY EYES!!!! Great Job! These are scary and odd just like 90's hockey jerseys. Can't wait to see more! And are you going to have a Minnesota team? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 2 weeks later...
On Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 0:39 PM, BRX said:

Hey all, BRX here.

It's been quite some time since I last made a concept but I'm giving it another go.

This time I'm going to be designing a "90's third" for the NHL teams not included in the third jersey program of the 1995-96 season. I'm going in alphabetical order so up first is the Sabres and next will be the Flames.

Q10AVqC.png

Please leave some feedback!

Not a fan... the jersey and the numbers are simple and then you have these complex swords thrown into it

plus you only have black in one area... the swords no were else on the uniform is there black

I know its a 90s concept but no matter the decade consistency is key for great uniforms.

• 1 month later...

The two you did were good, but I agree on the numbers, go crazy. Not sure if this has been orphaned, but if you continue, keep in mind that a big part of the 90's 3rd Jersey craze focused on gradients.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived