Alt-History 1960's-70's Soccer as America's Pastime! Logos! Kits! 3D Stadiums! Thrills! (4/12-NYCFC done!)

Thazer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I'm really looking forward to a nice German style stadium with this: county-berniehome.jpg

Unless you're planning on doing current stadiums, in which case a retractable roof like Miller's should be fun. Either way, a mascot slide for goals is a must. 

This.  So much this.

On 5/3/2016 at 6:01 PM, mcrosby said:

Unless you're planning on doing current stadiums, in which case a retractable roof like Miller's should be fun. Either way, a mascot slide for goals is a must. 

ill probably scrap the 60's 70's focus and make it more like a pictorial survey of the league. more freedom!

still using old architecture but placed in more time periods.

it would open up some conceptual possibilities like...hey what would an ebbets field look like with nikon and toyota ads in 2016?

and yep, this is soccerfenway at the moment:

201605-FC-BOSTON-thefenway01.jpg

the monster being 4 levels of open concourses with one lux box level. i rationalize a fenway style outfield as best i can. there will be another big roll-up door to the right of the monster for street access to landsdowne st.

On 5/4/2016 at 4:28 PM, Moser316 said:

I was going to add La Bombonera to my original post, but it wouldn't let me edit:

ah, good call! took some cues from that.  soccerfenwaygreenmonster v2.0:

201605-FC-BOSTON-thefenway03.jpg

aand starting to build up the upper works:

201605-FC-BOSTON-thefenway02.jpg

not sure if an upper deck fits a fenway vibe but we'll see how it goes.

Archived