This is fantastic.  Not sure how to copy/paste from their site so use the link and watch the video.

http://www.lvcheesesteaks.com/

The Iron Pigs are changing to the "Cheesesteaks" for a game, and allowing fans to vote on whether they will be "wit" (with fried onions) or "widdout" (without onions).  They've made caps for each scenario.  The other merch is pretty great too.  Discuss.

With

59FIFTY_CHEESESTEAK_WIT_500.jpg

without

59FIFTY_CHEESESTEAK_WITOUT_500.jpg  

Cheesesteaks is a better team name that Iron Pigs, IMO.  I have no idea of the brand loyalty or reputation, but just those two names in a vacuum tells me that Cheesesteaks is the winner.

42 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Come on, that's ridiculous. 

Gotta be wit. 

But i think without makes for a better logo.

This is amazing. I said I wasn't going to buy any more hats this year, but this pretty much forced my hand :P 

So what we've learned from the LV Iron Pigs/Cheesesteaks and Fresno Grizzlies/Tacos, is that MiLB teams with semi-serious names can get taste of the whimsy enjoyed by teams like the Montgomery Biscuits without having to fully commit. 

They're having their cheesesteak and eating it, too. 

Considering Genos is the Donald Trump of Cheesesteak stands, I'd vote for anything else.

God I hate Genos and everything the Ventos stand for.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Considering Genos is the Donald Trump of Cheesesteak stands, I'd vote for anything else.

God I hate Genos and everything the Ventos stand for.

I still have my "Joey Vento says: Some racist bull :censored:!" Sticker somewhere around here. He gave it to me with a proud look on his face, and then dropped dead, like, two weeks later. 

That felt uncomfortably nice. 

-What do you call someone in Philadelphia eating a cheesesteak?

-A tourist.

We need more food promotions like this. :lol:

Bring on the Albuquerque Green Chili Chicken Quesadillas!

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

-What do you call someone in Philadelphia eating a cheesesteak?

-A tourist.

I went to Philly with a few friends for a Twins game (and ended up attending one of the greatest games I've ever seen).  We went to one of the Cheesesteak places (not Pat's or Geno's) and my buddy in front of me asks for a "Philly Cheesesteak."  

"You're IN Philly.  It's just a cheesesteak" was the reply from a not-so-tourist-loving server.  It was hilarious.