NHL 2017-18

JJ Anderes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that LA alt looks awesome. I don't think your shoulders would allow for it, but the old-school crown would look sick on them.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

8 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Man, that LA alt looks awesome. I don't think your shoulders would allow for it, but the old-school crown would look sick on them.

Sounds like a cool idea, but I'm not sure how it'll look on the shoulders. I'll give it shot though.

The Kings  are pretty solid. The home and away are good. One thing I would change on the alternate is to brighten up the gold. Right now it looks like a shade of brown and with a black and dark purple color scheme it tends to make the jersey look drab. I think a deep yellow would make the sweater really pop.

SAN JOSE SHARKS:

This was by far the hardest set for me to do. I decided to add a little more orange to the set, but I'm not sure it works. Let me know what you guys think.

SJS.png

***BONUS CONCEPT: We've reached concept #5, so it's time to introduce my first "bonus" concept.

Be the first to comment and decide where the 2018 Winter Classic should be. Make sure you pick a stadium as well a home team and away team.***

1 minute ago, JosiahWVU said:

San Jose looks good. 

Winter Classic: 

Penguins-Flyers

Beaver Stadium

They're already playing in the Stadium Series this year...does that change your mind?

25 minutes ago, JJ Anderes said:

They're already playing in the Stadium Series this year...does that change your mind?

Yea, I thought about that. 
How about Columbus and Pittsburgh at Ohio Stadium?

IxkieML.png

On SJ, the C on the NOB seems to be a different weight than the other letters, because the 'captain' and 'assistantarrow-10x10.png captain' letter marks are included in Conrad's font packs, if you tried uppercase, use lower, and vice versa. Also, while i like that you are emphasizing orange more, i would add a little white on the alt for contrast, and use the regular shark logo.

EDIT: I'd like to see your Hurricanes take nextarrow-10x10.png, as I want to see what you would do, as our visions on stuff like this are pretty close. I also think the Flyers are garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, I've got some 2018 Winter Classic concepts for you guys.

2018 WINTER CLASSIC:

As requested by JosiahWVU, the mockup game to kick off the "bonus concepts" in this thread will have the Penguins and Blue Jackets facing off at Ohio Stadium.

jacketsclassic.png

pensf.png

ohioclassic.png

Be the first to comment and pick team #6!

DALLAS STARS:

After all the colors, logos and striping that made you want to throw up, the stars finally rebranded in 2013, and I forgave them for all their past mess...

Stars14-2.png

However, I see two problems:

1. Lack of Black.

2. Striping looks too much like that of the Rangers.

MY DESIGN:

jrods.png

Feedback is appreciated. I'm also wondering if you guys would like me to use a different template?

Be the first to comment and pick team #7...

Archived