The Sports Media Thread

I think Luke Walton has coach of the year locked up. At least in the early running. No one else has so drastically exceeded expectations.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Sabres games are no longer available in the Niagara region. I wonder who decided it wasn't worth it anymore, Bell or the Sabres.

I'm surprised the Wings have never tried to work out a similar deal for Windsor and Chatham, which are within their 50-mile radius.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Apparently Sabres games are no longer available in the Niagara region. I wonder who decided it wasn't worth it anymore, Bell or the Sabres.

I'm surprised the Wings have never tried to work out a similar deal for Windsor and Chatham, which are within their 50-mile radius.

Possibly a blessing in disguise, as those fans are "out of market" and can watch the Sabres games on NHL.tv instead of buying a cable package they may not want.

I didn't present myself. My name is Marcos Flamengo. And I love sports logos and media.

We need to know which regional markets serves all the NHL teams on local television?.

The following NHL teams are: Anaheim Ducks, Arizona Coyotes, Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Colorado Avalanche, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, Florida Panthers, Los Angeles Kings, Minnesota Wild, Montreal Canadiens, Nashville Predators, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs, Winnipeg Jets and Washington Capitals.

Thank you.

Greetings! It is that I am he watches hockey most times! I expose here. Allow me to disseminate.

Prime Ticket, Fox Sports Arizona, NESN, MSG Western New York, Sportsnet West, Fox Sports South, CSN Chicago and WGN, Altitude, Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports Detroit, Sportsnet West, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports West, Fox Sports North, RDS and TVA in French/Sportsnet East in English, Fox Sports South, MSG Plus, MSG Plus, MSG, TSN5, CSN Philadelphia, Root Sports Pittsburgh, Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports Sun, TSN4 and Sportsnet Ontario, TSN3, and CSN Mid-Atlantic, respectively

• Like 2

What the hell?  I know Tiger isn't in the media, but this is a sports figure and twitter is kind of a media extension so...

...anyway, here's this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 19/12/2016 at 9:32 AM, the admiral said:

Greetings! It is that I am he watches hockey most times! I expose here. Allow me to disseminate.

Prime Ticket, Fox Sports Arizona, NESN, MSG Western New York, Sportsnet West, Fox Sports South, CSN Chicago and WGN, Altitude, Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports Detroit, Sportsnet West, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports West, Fox Sports North, RDS and TVA in French/Sportsnet East in English, Fox Sports South, MSG Plus, MSG Plus, MSG, TSN5, CSN Philadelphia, Root Sports Pittsburgh, Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports Sun, TSN4 and Sportsnet Ontario, TSN3, and CSN Mid-Atlantic, respectively

This NHL blackout map (of 2013) will change next year with the arrival of the Vegas Golden Knights.

Ducks, Kings and Coyotes games may be blacked out in all of Nevada.

NHL_TV_Markets.jpg

Edited by Marcos Flamengo
I forgot some important things.

10 minutes ago, Marcos Flamengo said:

This NHL blackout map (of 2013) will change next year with the arrival of the Vegas Golden Knights.

Ducks, Kings and Coyotes games may be blacked out in all of Nevada.

NHL_TV_Markets.jpg

I've never been have the best at this, but I have never edited my post to say I failed to put the in "important" things.  It's sport and it isn't really important if the Commissioner reads your letters and emails.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the Lightning and Panthers don't have reciprocity like the Rays and Marlins do, where both get the entire state of Florida. The Panthers only seem to have Miami up to Vero Beach on the ocean side, Fort Myers/Naples on the gulf side, and the bleak vast emptiness in between. That's only about 7 million people. The Bolts have considerably more territory and population. Maybe there's just no appetite for Broward County hockey in Tallahassee or Jacksonville.

Anaheim Ducks (Prime Ticket): Orange County, San Bernardino County (exclusive rights), Riverside County, Southern California (except Imperial, San Luis Obispo and Kern counties), Southern Nevada (until the 2016/17 season)

Arizona Coyotes (Fox Sports Arizona): Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Imperial County

Dallas Stars (Fox Sports Southwest): Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'm surprised the Lightning and Panthers don't have reciprocity like the Rays and Marlins do, where both get the entire state of Florida. The Panthers only seem to have Miami up to Vero Beach on the ocean side, Fort Myers/Naples on the gulf side, and the bleak vast emptiness in between. That's only about 7 million people. The Bolts have considerably more territory and population. Maybe there's just no appetite for Broward County hockey in Tallahassee or Jacksonville.

It is basically the areas which were in place when the Heat and Magic were named. Tampa was Orlando territory and was blacked out during the inaugural season of the Heat which was a year prior. Both rights were owned by Liberty, under Sunshine Network at the time, long before FOX bought them. Liberty had Florida and split it up per the NBA and the rest followed.